Sign in to follow this  
GoEagles997

Scheduled Delete From Credit File

I have learned a lot in two days of browsing and I greatly appreciate all of the information here so far.  I have one quick question.  Midland Credit Management aka Midland Funding is on my credit with a suppsed debt to a bank.  They initially said I owed $5,XXX and every month or so, that amount has increased to over five figures now.

Anyway, I called TransUnion about something unrelated and they tell me over the phone that it's actually scheduled for deletion off my credit report NEXT MONTH.  Such joy.  

One report says that the date of first deliquency is April 2008, another October 2008.  Should I use this information to remind these two agencies that this needs to come off my report.  I am keeping a copy of my report just in case Midland tries to reage the credit or changes the date somehow.  Do you think I will be able to get this information from Equifax and/or Experian somehow?

Thanks for reading!

I have learned a lot in two days of browsing and I greatly appreciate all of the information here so far.  I have one quick question.  Midland Credit Management aka Midland Funding is on my credit with a suppsed debt to a bank.  They initially said I owed $5,XXX and every month or so, that amount has increased to over five figures now.

Anyway, I called TransUnion about something unrelated and they tell me over the phone that it's actually scheduled for deletion off my credit report NEXT MONTH.  Such joy.  

One report says that the date of first deliquency is April 2008, another October 2008.  Should I use this information to remind these two agencies that this needs to come off my report.  I am keeping a copy of my report just in case Midland tries to reage the credit or changes the date somehow.  Do you think I will be able to get this information from Equifax and/or Experian somehow?

Thanks for reading!

How do you know which one is correct? Are you accepting the date on file with TU because it's the most favorable DOFD to you, or do you have records to show this?

Your best bet in getting the one from Oct changed is to dispute it as inaccurate, but it's also best if you have old records or that support the April date.  Good luck!