Collections on Credit Report

needhelp143

Hi,

I'm new.  Not sure if anyone can help.  But I just ran my credit and I see a bunch collections on there.  I goggled about how to pay these off and found a website that said that even if you pay the collection off it will not bring up your score.  What incentive is it then to pay off the collection item on the credit report.  A bunch of these are small little ones that I am not sure why I never got original notice on.  Does anyone have any advice.  I've got a car loan 2 1/2 years ago that I've paid perfect on to repair my credit but now these medical collection items have show up.

Oh and another problem.  One of the collections were ATT UVERSE who is trying to charge me to cancel service which when I cancelled the service a month after installation because it did not work and was told they would wave these fees have now placed a collection on my credit.  2 year have passed and did not know this.  What can I do about this?  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm new.  Not sure if anyone can help.  But I just ran my credit and I see a bunch collections on there.  I goggled about how to pay these off and found a website that said that even if you pay the collection off it will not bring up your score.  What incentive is it then to pay off the collection item on the credit report.  A bunch of these are small little ones that I am not sure why I never got original notice on.  Does anyone have any advice.  I've got a car loan 2 1/2 years ago that I've paid perfect on to repair my credit but now these medical collection items have show up.

1) If they are within their SOL (statue of limitations) then you can be sued and then you would also have a judgement on your credit report.

2) If you are trying to purchase a home, car, etc. they will have to be paid before a bank will give you a loan.

(if they are out of SOL or only have a short time left, and you're not trying to make a purchase in the near future, then its usually (usually) best to let that sleeping dog lay there)

Oh and another problem.  One of the collections were ATT UVERSE who is trying to charge me to cancel service which when I cancelled the service a month after installation because it did not work and was told they would wave these fees have now placed a collection on my credit.  2 year have passed and did not know this.  What can I do about this?  I'm sort of in the same boat here, but I didn't have a contract so didn't have early termination fees.  They are saying they provided me service for 6 months when in fact I had it turned off 2 weeks after installation because they lied to me about being able to provide fiber optic.  I've just made copies of my bill from Comcast showing I had service with them that covers 4 of the months uVerse claims to have been my provider.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Are they your debts?  When you say little, how little are they?  I had a collection one time that was $25 and i disputed it through the CRAs.  Next thing i know it was taken off my reports.  The CA probably didn't think $25 dollars was worth the trouble.  So disputing all of them might be your best bet.  Maybe do a DV letter for each collection and who knows, maybe they won't respond and they'll be deleted.  I have a medical collection on mine for $611 that i've disputed and they just won't delete it.  from what i understand, those are one of the most difficult to get deleted along side student loans.