Weird phenomena with my 3 scores.

Jus10

Hello everyone!  I've posted a couple of threads over the past year in the credit repair forum, and i've been in the credit repair process for about a year and a half.  Anyways, I'm 26 years old (turn 27 next month), and I have spent the past year or so repairing my credit ultimately for the purpose to utilizing my VA loan and pursuing home ownership.  Unfortunately, during my second deployment, my ex-wife had an affair, and when i came home i was under the impression that we were going to "try and work things out."  Long story short, her car broke down, and he credit wasn't very good at all, but i was rocking a 655 or so (on the bureau they used) back in 2011 when i was 23.  I co-signed for a vehicle for her and needless to say it went back to the bank about 8 months later.  

Anyways, over the past year or so, i've been able to get a few of her credit cards deleted from my report, but the repo still remains on Equifax and Experian.  I was approved for a VA loan back in October 2014 and have been looking for a house since (as many of you know, buying a house is a huge deal, and you always want to buy something you want, so long as you can afford it).  Well in January 2015 i looked at my report, and come to find out my score for Equifax (the CRA the bank used) dropped to a 525 from a 683.  I was devastated because i knew my chances for home ownership were obliterated.  I went to discuss it with my loan officer yesterday morning, and she repulled credit.  All my scores on the report she pulled were above 620 (the minimum requirement for a VA loan).

Why are the 3 scores that i pulled WAYYYY off from what the bank pulled?

Why are the 3 scores that i pulled WAYYYY off from what the bank pulled?

Because any "free" score you pulled is not a true score.  It is also known as a FACO (not FICO) because it is a representation of your bank card score (for credit cards) not all of the possible scores for credit.

The only true accurate score is the one your bank pulls or if you buy the actual FICO from myfico.com  FYI:  now when you purchase your score(s) from them you get all 3:  auto, mortgage, and bank card both old model and current FICO 8.  

• Like 1

My bank, USAA, is partners with Experian in offering Credit Check Monitoring by Experian.  i pay about $13.00 a month where I'm able to refresh my reports ever 30 days.  Is this method what your explaining above?

ANY score through credit monitoring is a representative score or FACO not an actual FICO credit score.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...