Sign in to follow this  
TryingHard

Need help with letter to Plaintiff reminder of discovery

"I am involved in a credit card debt lawsuit here in FL.  I've done pretty good so far.  I was able to get the PA's motion to strike defendant's affirmative answers denied b the judge.  I had served them a Request to Produce for discovery.  They, of course, have file a motion for enlargement of time, which the judge has not ruled on yet.  But, the 30 days deadline for discovery is approaching at the end of this month.  I  trying to draft the  "nice" letter I need to send to Attorney.  Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to write it up?  I have been unable to find any samples.  

this is what I have so far, but second guessing putting in my intent to file a motion:

"On January 23, a motion was filed with the County Circuit Court for Request for Production for documents in Case #XXX.  According to the USPS, the copy of this request mailed to your office was delivered January 26, and signed by Ms XXX. According to FRCP Rule 1.35(a), written response is due within 30 days after service of the request.

As of this date, I have not received any of these documents.

Respectfully,

Me"

Do I want to add my intent is to file a Motion to Compel if the documents are not received in the 30 days time.?

any suggestions is so much appreciated.  Thanks for any help and guidance you can give.