Sign in to follow this  
yragcom1

My CACH case was dismissed without prejudice. Now what?

I’ve been litigating against CACH for the last 8 months. Got to court this morning, and they dismissed the case without prejudice the day before the hearing. Nice.

I had really thought I had messed up. I didn’t get my trial brief in until 9 days prior, and submitted a judicial notice, indicating the location of the signer of the alleged bill of sale was further out than 150 miles. God is good all the time.

So...is there anything I should do, or any actions I should file that would prevent this from popping back up in the future? I didn’t pay for any trial costs, but if anyone wants to add anything here for the sake of the others who may need the info, feel free.

P.S. NEVER GIVE UP.

• Like 1

well congrats!  not much you can do if they try to sue you again except go through it all over until the sol is expired.  good job.

In California, you might be able to bill them for certain costs you had paid for the suit. There are people in CA more knowledgeable than I am on that but make sure to do that as it is the icing on the cake to make them pay you for suing you.

Congrats!  Had same result from CACH last month.  Great feeling!  Unfortunately there is always a risk they can come back and try again or even sell the debt to another JDB until SOL runs out (fingers crossed for both of us!).

Oh and be sure you get a copy of the judgement or minute order from your cases register of actions for your records.  All courts have different processes.  Mine was posted up the same day my case was dismissed.  It all depends on how busy the court clerk is.

Oh and be sure you get a copy of the judgement or minute order from your cases register of actions for your records.  All courts have different processes.  Mine was posted up the same day my case was dismissed.  It all depends on how busy the court clerk is.

Yeah, the court clerk had it waiting for me in the courtroom. Gave it to me on the spot.

• Like 1

File an MC-010 form to recover any costs you incurred - this will definitely keep them from coming back after you in the future.