Sign in to follow this  
strive4credit

Starting a new credit repair journey

So I am starting a new credit repair journey for the wife. I sent a DV to MCM and I just got the green card back. I have never sent a DV before, I just wanted them to stop calling. They did.

Some lady stamped her signature on the card which makes me believe that they get these letters all of the time. So what you think their next move will be? Do CA's have a certain amount of time to respond to DV's?

Impossible to predict what they'll do next.  It has little to do with you or your debt and more to do with their internal policies and documentation.  CAs tend to go after low hanging fruit first.

No, CAs can take as long as they like to respond, although they are required to mark your tradeline "in dispute" if they are reporting to the CRAs.

My next move is to go on credit karma and look at her reports. Then dispute all the negatives. I'm kind of hesitant. Afraid of what I might see. It's frustrating because I repaired her credit years ago so we could get the house. I did it for and gave her disclaimer of not to mess it up AGAIN!!!

Don't DV anyone that you see on the CR or you will be waking sleeping dogs. Only DV when you receive a debt letter, and do it within the 30 days.

• Like 1