Sign in to follow this  
MassLady

Looking for CITIBANK Agreement for 2005 or older

Hi,

If any  one has a CITIBANK agreement for 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001... 

I prefer that it has JAMS but if I can't find with JAMS, I could argue that there is arbitration clause.

Thank you!

Citi issues a bunch of store credit cards and many have different agreements.  Was this a store card, such as Besy Buy or Home Depot?

Do you need it to be 2005 or earlier?  I have a 2010 generic Citibank agreement with JAMS.

@MassLady

When did you open the account?

I don't recall much 

May be around 2000 or so @BV80

Citi issues a bunch of store credit cards and many have different agreements.  Was this a store card, such as Besy Buy or Home Depot?

Do you need it to be 2005 or earlier?  I have a 2010 generic Citibank agreement with JAMS.

Thanks @fisthardcheese

I think I need much earlier agreement

@BV80 and @fisthardcheese

I am sorry but got my dates mixed up.  The start of the card was around 2002 or so

Actually the account default year was 2009. I have 2010 with JAMS but 2009 with NAFS and AAA.

It seems that I should stick with JAMS,and use 2010 right?

@MassLady

Considering that you defaulted in 2009, I'm not sure you'd be able to use a 2010 agreement.  

@BV80

What would you do if you were me?

I  am thinking it was defaulted 2009.  The lawsuit does not give a date at all.

If I go with 2009, I can't use JAMS since 2009 mentioned NAFS and AAA.

JDB has to prove when the account was defaulted and provide the actual cardmember agreement. 

I know you have a lot more knowledge and expereince than me, so I would be very happy if you can tell me what  I should do provided that I want to go with JAMS.

Thank you

@BV80

I agree with @nobk4me.  While the JDB may not be able to provide a charge-off statement from the OC, they may be able to provide credit card statements that the account was already charged off before 2010. 

• Like 1

Thank you @BV80 @nobk4me for your feedack.

I looked everywhere and I was able to find is 2003 CITI retail with JAMS, 2010 and after.

The JDB has the burden of proof to bring an old agreement.

We know that CITIBANK has always had arbitration clause. The issue is with JAMS or not. right?

Also, this JDB bought the debt from another JDB who may have bought it from somewhere else or from CITI.

I am going to look more and will see.

I was thinking I file for the MCT arb and see what will happen....

I will look more

@BV80

I agree with @nobk4me.  While the JDB may not be able to provide a charge-off statement from the OC, they may be able to provide credit card statements that the account was already charged off before 2010. 

@fisthardcheese

12K...I think JAMS is  the only one that allows the consumer to pay 250 max.

@MassLady AAA caps the consumer fee at $200. It is actually cheaper than JAMS. However if is also cheaper for the JDB too, but can still run them up to $10k or so.

• Like 1

Thank you @BV80 @nobk4me for your feedack.

I looked everywhere and I was able to find is 2003 CITI retail with JAMS, 2010 and after.

The JDB has the burden of proof to bring an old agreement.

We know that CITIBANK has always had arbitration clause. The issue is with JAMS or not. right?

Also, this JDB bought the debt from another JDB who may have bought it from somewhere else or from CITI.

I am going to look more and will see.

I was thinking I file for the MCT arb and see what will happen....

I will look more

Was this a Citi retail account?  If it has been sold to JDBs. that is likely.  I have found that Citi rapidly sells off their defaulted retail accounts, while retaining ownership of Citi-branded credit card debt, and are very aggressive in suing on those.

Was this a Citi retail account?  If it has been sold to JDBs. that is likely.  I have found that Citi rapidly sells off their defaulted retail accounts, while retaining ownership of Citi-branded credit card debt, and are very aggressive in suing on those.

No,it was a credit card.

I found 2 collections letters in 2013 of the same card from 2 different jdb.

The first one was from Unifund for 20K which I send a request of DV but never heard back. Yes it was for 20K which was 4 times the original debt.

A few months after, I get a collection letter of this current JDB for 10K.

Now, it is suing me for 11,800 (12K)

In none of these letters, there is a mention of interest.

No,it was a credit card.

I found 2 collections letters in 2013 of the same card from 2 different jdb.

The first one was from Unifund for 20K which I send a request of DV but never heard back. Yes it was for 20K which was 4 times the original debt.

A few months after, I get a collection letter of this current JDB for 10K.

Now, it is suing me for 11,800 (12K)

In none of these letters, there is a mention of interest.

If they are grossly inflating a $5K charge-off, and are wildly inconsistent on the amount, you may have a FDCPA violation.  Have you contacted a consumer attorney?  Try www.naca.net.

• Like 1

If they are grossly inflating a $5K charge-off, and are wildly inconsistent on the amount, you may have a FDCPA violation.  Have you contacted a consumer attorney?  Try www.naca.net.

@nobk4me, thank you for the information.

As  soon as I submei my MCT-arb (due Wed), I am going to contact a few on the site and see what violations I can bring against the JDB and their deb collections Law firm (same owner).

@BV80 @fisthardcheese @nobk4me @nobk4me

Thank  you  all for your help regarding the CITIBANK agreement and for pushing me to find an older one.

I got 2003 with JAMS. So you won't believe my joy

Thank you all

• Like 1