Sign in to follow this  

report fraud or wait

Recommended Posts

I received letter from lawfirm stating I owe money for loan from a payday company. I looked at all my paperwork from 2012 and have found nothing, loan company does not even come up online . Its not on my report yet that I know of should I do debt validation letter below or just send refusal and cease and desist?


Date  3/24/15
name and address 
AAI (ARGON)  The Bourassa Law Group, LLC
8668 Spring Mountain RD Las Vegas,NV 89117-4113
Re: Acct # ###########
To Whom It May Concern,
I am sending this letter to you in response to a notice I received from you on 3/18/15 dated 3/5/2015. Be advised, this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for "verification" or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your office provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you. I have no records of this alleged account and believe it to be fraud and will proceed with filling report once all documentation required is recieved.
Please provide me with the following:
What the money you say I owe is for;
Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
Identify the original creditor;
Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state; and
Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent.
If your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the three major Credit Bureau's (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion), said action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:
Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Defamation of Character
If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.
Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel. This includes any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.
If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.
I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls or correspondence sent to any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter. 
This is an attempt to correct your records, any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.
Best Regards,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Not all companies report to the credit reporting agencies.


The DV letter you've posted is full of demands that are not supported by law.  It is also not your job to inform a debt collector of the FDCPA.  It's something he should already know.  I'd send the following:





Your name


City, State, Zip Code


Law Firm


City, State, Zip Code


RE:  __________(insert account number)


To Whom It May Concern:


I dispute the above-referenced account and request validation.





When I've disputed, I always included a copy of the collection letter with my dispute.   That way there can be no misunderstanding as to a name, account number, etc.  Send your dispute by certified mail, return receipt requested (CMRRR).

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you I was not sure the best way to proceed. I found the letter sample online and thought it would be a good start. I will send cerified and see what happens.


DO NOT use sample letters from on line.  They are riddled with errors and the creditors KNOW IT.  @BV80 is right.  Send the simple version and let them validate.


I live in Las Vegas and checked this firm out.  Something smells because they are a personal injury law firm.  They do not appear to handle debt collections at all.  DO NOT pay anyone a red cent until you are 1000% certain you owe the debt AND they are authorized to collect.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent the letter and it was signed by: A.MAMM. Seriously, I could not believe it how stupid are they. I sent it to the debt collector address. I will be sending it to the lawfirm po box on the letter also just in case.


Better to be safe than sorry.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this