abstruse

CA REPORTING TL AGAIN

2 years ago, I embarked on a DIY credit repair and was somewhat successful in cleaning up most negative TLs on my CR. 

A couple of collections accounts stayed but one is set to drop off Oct/2015 and the other medical TL in 2017.

I recently pulled my free annual credit reports and discovered that Enhanced Recovery is once again reporting 2 accounts after they removed them 2 years ago when I sent them DVs. They replied to Acct #1 with a statement from OC (but still removed the TL) and they completely ignored Acct #2. 

Acct #1

- past SOL.

- the final statement from OC was from Aug/2008

- indicates that it was opened 5/2012 

- looks like it will not drop off until 8/2016

Do I send them DV again? Or a C&D and FOAD? 

Acct #2

- Don't recall when this account went delinquent 

- I sent DV twice in 2013 but received no reply

- Do i send another DV? 

Thank you for all your time.

I am going through the exact same thing with Enhanced Recovery. Nearly two years ago they had an account on my report. I sent them a DV and never received a response. In fact, I've never received any mail communication from them. Ever. After I sent the DV, I disputed the account with the CRA and Enhanced Recovery deleted it. Now, they have added the account back to Experian only and changed their account number but it is for the same amount and original creditor. 

I filed a complaint with the CFPB, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation and the AG in both my state and Florida.  I encourage you to do the same.  I have heard from both the CFPB and the FOFR are getting fed up with Enhanced Recovery and are looking to take action. They are a the worst of the bottom feeders and need to be shut down.

@blondie813 For Acct #1, this is definitely past the SOL. Since it is dropping off next year, I think I will just wait it out. 

FOR Acct #2. I contacted the OC and they told me that they assigned it to Enhanced Recovery but that they still own the account. They said I can still settle it with them. They recommended I access the suspended account online. I did and paid it. SOL is not past and it's not a huge amount. I just want this off my CR. So the question is... What now? I have the payment confirmation. Do I let the CA know? Dispute it with CR? How long do I have to wait? Which is the fastest way to get it off my CR?

@blondie813 For Acct #1, this is definitely past the SOL. Since it is dropping off next year, I think I will just wait it out. 

FOR Acct #2. I contacted the OC and they told me that they assigned it to Enhanced Recovery but that they still own the account. They said I can still settle it with them. They recommended I access the suspended account online. I did and paid it. SOL is not past and it's not a huge amount. I just want this off my CR. So the question is... What now? I have the payment confirmation. Do I let the CA know? Dispute it with CR? How long do I have to wait? Which is the fastest way to get it off my CR?

You should have negotiated the pay for delete PRIOR to paying this off.  You may have to live with the paid collection now.  You can try disputing it as paid to the OC but it would be legal for them to update it as a paid collection.  I would contact the OC and see if they can pressure ERC to delete.

I would make sure to start a file on this and all other debts and SAVE all paperwork for many years as it may come back to haunt you.

ARGH! So @Clydesmom was right. The CA updated this to "PAID". When I called AT&T I was told it was going to be pulled from CA. But obviously that didn't happen and since I already paid them, there is no reason for them to remove the TL.

Any advise on how to get this TL off? Contact OC again? Send a GW letter?

I wouldn't worry too much about this.  Its paid (with the OC, right?).   Phone bills, cable bills, etc. have only a slight affect on your "sucker" score and even less effect on your FICO New Car, FICO Mortgage, etc.

I disputed Act #1 with CRAs but it came back verified. This is the one that will drop off August 2016. I was going to just wait out to drop off, but tonight, I found the last bill while going through all the paperwork I have amassed when I DVd and disputed items on my CR in 2013.

Anyways, this bill was dated 8/2008. Therefore, 8/2008 is the date of first delinquency, correct? If so, 7 years from 8/2008 will be 8/2015 and not 8/2016.

Should I dispute it again with CRAs? I would really like to get this off my report sooner rather than later. Do I have other options aside from waiting it out?