xlxaxa

How I went from 425 to 700 in 3 months

I just wanted to share my story with all of you since I've been using this forum a lot to resolve many of my questions about rebuilding credit. I started the new year with the purpose of fixing a rebulding my credit and so far it paid of. Back in January my report was packed with negative remarks.

JANUARY 2015

COLLECTIONS -->

AFNI - $2200

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO - $1500

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO - $700

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO - $2000

CMRE FINALCIAL - $100

CMRE FINALCIAL - $200

CMRE FINANCIAL - $120

CMRE FINANCIAL - $30

CMRE FINANCIAL - $50

MIDLAND FUNDING - $1200

MIDLAND FUNDING - $800

MIDLAND FUNDING - $1500

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY - $700

SECOND ROUND - $1500

PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES $1000

ORIGINAL CREDITORS -->

AMEX - $2000

BANK OF AMERICA - $1500

CAPITAL ONE - $1200

CAPITAL ONE - $800

CREDIT ONe BANK - $1500

FIRST PREMIERE BANK - $1000

MACYS - $400

LOWES - $300

WALLMART - $500

Since January I've been disputing most of these accounts. It's been a combination of direct disputes, credit bureaus disputes, emails and faxes to both collection companies and original creditos. I also filed BBB and CFPB compliants. For some disputes I used letters that I found in here but I added a lot more to those letters. I also created other letters for certain companies.

Before I did anything I went to a mailbox company and opend a PO BOX address with a real address. For all of you who don't know about these servicesm these are companies that will allow you to use their address and then you will use your real po box address as you suit number. For example:

2334 York Avenue, Apt 23

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Your P.O. Box is #23 but they don't know.

I only did ONE PAY FOR DELETE with CMRE FINANCIAL SERVICES, all others where disputed as "not mine" or "inaccuracies in their reporting". So far, as of today, I only have the following negative remarks on my credit report:

MIDLAND FUNDING - $1200

MIDLAND FUNDING - $800

MIDLAND FUNDING - $1500

AMEX - $2000

CAPITAL ONE - $1200

CAPITAL ONE - $800

CREDIT ONe BANK - $1500

The one that I'm really having trouble with is Capital Oone and Credit One Bank who both sold their accounts to Midland Funding. I'm working on it and if they delete I will let you know. I sent an intent to sue letter an I'm awaiting for their response. 

The easiest to delete from the report were: AFNI, PINNACLE, SECOND ROUND and CAVALRY.

All this in less than for months. When I started my score was 425 and now is up to EQ698 - TU700 - EX-712

Good luck everybody!

• Like 1

Where did you get your current scores? With all those negatives still on your reports, an actual FICO about 500 or so sounds suspicious...

FICO

I don't know why I would post anything on here if it wasn't true. I also have 5 new accounts with a total of $15000 maybe they helped I don't know

I agree with willingtocope.  Your derogs must have been very old.

I have no CAs left, CL's that are 5 digits, a few accounts with some lates from 2.5 years ago and it has taken the last 18 months to get from 498 FICO to 702 (TU), my EQ/EX are 686/688.

The Midland accts are pretty high with 2 matching COs? 

Doesn't make sense.

In the meantime, congrats on your success!

I just wanted to share my story with all of you since I've been using this forum a lot to resolve many of my questions about rebuilding credit. I started the new year with the purpose of fixing a rebulding my credit and so far it paid of. Back in January my report was packed with negative remarks.

Since January I've been disputing most of these accounts. It's been a combination of direct disputes, credit bureaus disputes, emails and faxes to both collection companies and original creditos. I also filed BBB and CFPB compliants. For some disputes I used letters that I found in here but I added a lot more to those letters. I also created other letters for certain companies.

I only did ONE PAY FOR DELETE with CMRE FINANCIAL SERVICES, all others where disputed as "not mine" or "inaccuracies in their reporting". So far, as of today, I only have the following negative remarks on my credit report:

CAPITAL ONE - $1200

CAPITAL ONE - $800

The one that I'm really having trouble with is Capital Oone and Credit One Bank who both sold their accounts to Midland Funding. I'm working on it and if they delete I will let you know. I sent an intent to sue letter an I'm awaiting for their response. 

All this in less than for months. When I started my score was 425 and now is up to EQ698 - TU700 - EX-712

Good luck everybody!

Glad to hear you're having some success with correcting inaccuracies on your report.  Just a word to the wise, these may only be 'temporary' deletions.  There is nothing stopping them from correcting anything that may have been inaccurate and then reporting it again.  I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but you could see that score nose dive in the near future if these debts were not out of SOL.  Just saying, if that's the case, you may want to be thinking of a back up plan such as taking care of them before they've had a chance to show up again.  I know of many situations where this has happen.

Capital One.  Do you know for sure that Capital one 'sold' your debt to MidFund?  If they no longer own the debt, about all they can do is report it as a charge off with a zero balance and MidFund could report a balance.   It's been my first hand personal experience that Capital One is one of the most forgiving lenders on the planet, but they usually sue before they sell something for cents on the dollar.  Make sure you know for sure who you owe.

Good luck