Sign in to follow this  
bravoflaca2000

debt collector letter from the debt collector that the 1st debt collector hired

I received a letter from a debt collector that was hired by another debt collector to try and collect this account that I had already sent DV for to 1st debt collector. Anyways I didnt know how to reply so this is what I sent. Any help or advice is apreciated, I am looking into the SOL since I sent DV to 1st debt collector in 2013.

LETTER:

TO :DEBT COLLECTOR NAME AND ADDRESS

RE ACCOUNT # CURRENT DEBT COLLECTOR ACCOUNT NUMBER

To whom it may concern,

I dispute the above referenced  account this is not my account, I do not owe this account. Please cease and desist any phone communication to my home or work. This is in response to your phone messages and letter which I have attached a copy of .

thank you

me

What a mouth full !!! the debt collector of the 1st debt collector for the original creditor.

Check your credit reports and see if the original creditor shows it sold. If the debt collector owns it what you've sent is a cease communication letter and they can only contact you one more time in reference to the alleged debt.