HockeyFan

About to be sued by Portfolio Recovery - Fulton County, Ga

@HockeyFan anything in GA civil code to get your costs back for their frivolous lawsuit they decided to dismiss (without prejudice)?  Something to keep in mind to look into to get your court costs back after their period for one more crack at this is over which may expire before the statute of limitations.

Congratulations!!!

congrats. The sol is untolled in your favor. You did ok. Could have told her....is the witness from the OC? No? Ok I'll wait.

Very nice work, @HockeyFan !!

If you really want to put a nail in their coffin, I would get new copies of all 3 credit reports and really scruitinize the PRA enteries.  I would see if their dollar amount being reported matches what they tried to sue you for.  I would check all of the dates and see if they are correct.  Especially I would compare all dates among all 3 reports.  I find that many times JDBs will report one date on 2 credit reports, but report the date wrong on a 3rd report (or some variation of this).  When I find any and all inaccuracies, I would dispute them with the CRAs.  If it comes back verified, I would look into suing PRA for FDCPA and FCRA violations of verifiying inaccurate information to a 3rd party.

I would look to get a settlement out of PRA that would wipe out the debt completely, remove them from all credit reports and perhaps give you about $1k as a bonus check for dealing with their shennanigans.  :)

@fisthardcheese I just looked through my credit report and saw that PRA was removed from my report on the 18th. Is that strange or....?

:lolsign:

That tells me that they probably have no interest in pursuing this debt any more.  They want nothing else to do with you.  LOL

I didn't realize I punched them that hard...

sweet. 

You annoyed them.  They would rather go on getting their 95% easy, no work default judgements from people who don't show up and another easy 4% consent judgements from people they can scare and bully.  Your $1k is not worth it to them.

@fisthardcheese I just looked through my credit report and saw that PRA was removed from my report on the 18th. Is that strange or....?

It's still possible they could sell it to another JDB.  I'm not trying to be a nay nay, just don't be surprised.  It happened to me.  Big pat on the back to you for going through the steps to deny them an easy payday!

• Like 1

I live in the state of Georgia I been receiving a lot of letters from bankruptcy lawyers stating that portfolio recovery has filed a lawsuit against me. In 1 of the letters from the bankruptcy lawyer it had a case number. I immediately sent PRA a DV Letter amd then called Fulton County state court and spoke with the magistrate division and gave her the case number I had gotten from the letter and she informed me that portfolio filed a suit against me she stated that they are just waiting for the Marshall to serve me. As of now I have not been served I sent the DR letter on 1-18-16 with a return receipt which I tracked it and PRA received it on 1-23-16. The debt is for a walmart cc the last payment was in 2013. The charge off balance was 2500 but PRA has it for 3100. I don’t want no judgement against me and I am very nervous should I just wait to be served or just call PRA? HELP PLEASE

59 minutes ago, shay24 said:

I live in the state of Georgia I been receiving a lot of letters from bankruptcy lawyers stating that portfolio recovery has filed a lawsuit against me. In 1 of the letters from the bankruptcy lawyer it had a case number. I immediately sent PRA a DV Letter amd then called Fulton County state court and spoke with the magistrate division and gave her the case number I had gotten from the letter and she informed me that portfolio filed a suit against me she stated that they are just waiting for the Marshall to serve me. As of now I have not been served I sent the DR letter on 1-18-16 with a return receipt which I tracked it and PRA received it on 1-23-16. The debt is for a walmart cc the last payment was in 2013. The charge off balance was 2500 but PRA has it for 3100. I don’t want no judgement against me and I am very nervous should I just wait to be served or just call PRA? HELP PLEASE

Please start your own thread.

1 hour ago, shay24 said:

I did thanks