Sign in to follow this  
lucyricardo

Enhanced Recovery Corp: Reaging old Sprint bill

I have an old Sprint bill, DOLA summer of 2008. I went into a Sprint store last week and this info was confirmed by their rep and also via a phone call to their credit department. Enhanced Recovery Corp out of Florida is listing the DOLA as 2012. I've disputed and they continue to "verify" and additionally, I asked Sprint to provide me with documentation stating what their rep said or a copy of my final bill and they won't do it.....they just keep routing me back to Enhanced Recovery Corp. This account is supposed to drop off in 90 days but because of their reaging of the debt, it's stating it won't come off now until 2019. This is my last collection account on two reports and it's preventing me from obtaining a mortgage (current FICO is 601). Any ideas from you experts out there? Thanks so much!

@lucyricardo

If Sprint sold the account to ER, then Sprint may not have anymore documentation.  Do you know if the account was sold?  Is Sprint reporting?

Thanks, @ BV80. I was able to finally get somewhere with Sprint. I threatened to file against them in court unless they provide me

my final bill. Spoke a week ago and they claim to have mailed it out but I'm still waiting for it. I have a transaction ID so if I don't get it this weekend I'll keep calling. I'll hopefully get this and send it to the credit bureaus and see if I can get them to remove it. Thanks for responding!

Send ER a certified demand letter and file a small claims. This is provided you have exhausted all do avenues with the CRAs and ER.

Did you have an unpaid balance with Sprint before they sold it to ERC? Did that balance match what ERC is claiming is owed?

ERC is a nortoriously awful CA to deal with.  They enjoy violating many consumer laws.

Re aging a debt is totally illegal and is in violation of the FDCPA.    Pull your credit reports from all 3 bureaus and check for date of first delinquency.    If you have not made any payments on it since that date plus 6 months to go into derogatory status , by law it has to fall off your report in 7.5 yrs from the FDOD.     Send certified letter to the CA that they are in violation of the FDCPA and have 15 days to remove the item from your report or you will file suit.   If you get no response , contact an attorney.

Best of Luck,

Joe