Removing derog on CR after defeating JDB in court?

Rengin

Quick question...

I had a default listed on my credit report from HSBC/BestBuy. They sold the account to some other company (LVNV Funding I believe).

I was found not responsible for the debt in a local court. The only derogitory information on my CR is from HSBC, not the JDB. Does this give me grounds to have it removed from the credit report?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I do not want to hyjack this thread but I believe I have the same question

Original creditor BoA sold to Calvary

Calvary sued (short story) I responded with a motion to compel arbitration, they moved for dismissal

Case was dismissed "in its entierty with prejudice"

I wrote a letter and sent copy of judgment to credit beaureu, thinking this was over. They responded by "updating" the report. Its only reported by BoA but its listed as a 12k charge off and closed also says purchased by another lender.

Its the only negative thing left on my credit after an awful divorce.

Can I get it off? How?

Calvary sued (short story) I responded with a motion to compel arbitration, they moved for dismissal

Case was dismissed "in its entierty with prejudice"

You got lucky.  The court dismissed with prejudice preventing Cavalry from suing again and they elected not to arbitrate.  However, none of that has anything to do with BoA.

Its the only negative thing left on my credit after an awful divorce.

Can I get it off? How?

You can try disputing it but that is about it.  The trade line is accurate and they can legally report until the end of the 7 year period.  As time goes by it will hurt less until it drops off.

I have always tried to use a copy of the court dismissal to get the OC to remove a TL.  I send a copy of the signed court dismissal with prejudice along with my dispute letter to the CRA.  This only worked for me about 20% of the time.  But that is about 20% improved over what I previously had.

Otherwise, other methods will be needed to remove an OC TL.  Some OCs really play hardball just out of spite.  Crap 1 comes to mind, as well as their Trademark infrigement friends Credit One.

• Like 1