Sign in to follow this  
TomnTex

WHAT ARE YOUR VACATION PLANS THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AND SUMMER?

Well, for my family and I we have the RV all packed up and are going to a lake just a few miles from the Coast to spend a few days fishing and relaxing. After that, we will be headed out to Yellowstone NP and the Tetons, and Glacier NP's three of our favorite places to visit. We will also be seeing everything that we can while on that trip through about ten states over a two month period.

I hope that each and everyone of you have a great weekend and a better summer doing what you like. God Bless........

What? No one has Summer plans? I am headed out later this week on a three month, nine state vacation. Will be headed to: WA, ID, MT, WY, UT, NM, AZ, NV AND CA. Will be hitting all the national parks, a few state parks and a lot of commercial RV parks. Because Wi-Fi will be limited, I will not be on here as much to beg BV. Hope everyone has a good safe Summer. May pop in when I have Wi-Fi, but, Yellowstone and the Teton's don't have it, as the other national parks.

To all my CIC friends and fellow VETS, I hope that our all having a great vacation and enjoying a safe 4th of July Holiday. I am currently in Glacier NP, MT just outside of Kalispell, MT. Next week I go to a small Indian res for their powwow days and see all their tribal history. From there, onto Yellowstone NP and Teton NP and Jackson Hole WY. After that Moab, UT and the Arches NP and others. We are on a three month nine plus state trip that will cover more than four thousand miles.

I am using my mobile Wi-Fi hot spot, but because we are surrounded by mountains and a lot of trees, the signal is about 1/2 bar, so very slow right now. Again, hope you all are having a great time whatever it is your doing. Do it safe. That goes for BV and Willing too.

Tom

Glad your having a good time too. I like learning new software as one of my hobbies building computers. Be safe out there.

• Like 1

The state and National Parks are really doing a big business this year. The campgrounds are full and people are circling like vultures to get a camp site. They expect it to get even worse they tell me at the reception centers. One thing that is helping is the wildlife is more abundant this year. Thus far I have seen 5 grizzle bears, three in one day, mountain sheep, buffalo, elk, deer, eagles you name it. They are all over the place.

I've been coming to Yellowstone/Grand Teton's and the Glacier NP's for fifty years and I am always amazed at the beauty of it all. If you guys haven't visited a NP, you need to do so. Next week, more parks in Utah and beyond. Be safe.

• Like 1

Hope you had a blast TT. You are visiting some of my favorite places.

I am off for Glacier pretty soon as well. This will be my second trip but I plan to see more of the Canadian side this time.

Travel safely everyone!

Thanks, Calawyer, you as well. The parks are very busy this year and if your using an RV, you will need to hit the parks early for a campsite. Thus far, we have seen a lot of wildlife in Yellowstone, five grizzlys in two days, along with the mountainsheep and others. If you do make it to Yellowstone and have not yet seen Artist Point and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, it is a must see and I highly reccomend it.

Keep us posted on your trip as well. If you cross over in to Canida at the Eureka, MT crossing I used to live just a few miles from there. Crossing now is more of a problem than it was then. Just have all your papersand NO gun or anything like that and you will be okay.

I have been through that crossing before. I saw "Head smashed in Buffalo Jump" on a map and just had to go. Turns out it is a very cool World Heritage site.

Yes it is and there are a lot of more interesting site in that area too. Right now I am going through Arches NP and Canyon lands NP. Some really neat stuff here too, think you would be very interested in this area also if you have not already been here. Have fun on your trip and be safe.

Tom

I have been to Arches.  Really want to go to Zion, Bryce and Canyonlands.  Think I might spend a week in Moab next fall so I can hit all of them.

Where are you now?  What other places are there near Head smashed in Buffalo Jump that are worth a visit?

I am on my way back home after Moab and Canyon lands and Arches. I am now spending a few days on a beautiful lake in the Oregon Mountains. Going to try some fishing while here. I barely have internet and no cell service, ahh back to nature. Will have to thin about The buffalo and Head Smashed in, as I recall there was something. You could try Fort Macleod and see the NW Mounted Police Museum.

When are you planning to head out? Hope you have a great trip as we did. I think there is another wild fire in or around Glacier right now.

@calawyer, Did you ever make it to Glacier NP and Canada? I am here now and the weather is great, but starting to cool in the early mornings. If you made it, I hope you enjoyed it and had fun.

We had a really nice time. THe fire closed the road to the sun (or whatever it is called) but the smoke was blowing to the east and didn't bother us. Everyone had a great time. Glad you did too.

Thanks. It has been a very tough year. The vacation was a bright spot. It is a very beautiful place and I would go again in a heartbeat.