Experian stinks!

My FICO scores are TU: 712; Equifax: 695 and then there is Experian at a dismal 598. Anyone else have problems with Experian or have such a disparity in their scores? Why is Experian so hard for me to deal with? As an example, I substantially lowered my credit utilization and saw a big jump with the other 2 CRAs. With Experian, 5 points. This is ridiculous! How can I raise my Experian score?

Your question is far too vague for a specific answer.  One issue is that creditors are not required to report to all 3 bureaus so if you have negative trade lines reporting by creditors that only use Experian that will dramatically lower your score compared to the other two bureaus.

Another thing, the area your in maybe most of the people you deal with only report to XP, thus, they will report more on your CR's than the other two. If that is the case, then the other two will not be effected as much. I've seen that happen when I lived in an area where one more CRA is used more than the others. Though, now days some are starting to use more than just one. Just a thought.

Another thing, the area your in maybe most of the people you deal with only report to XP, thus, they will report more on your CR's than the other two. If that is the case, then the other two will not be effected as much. I've seen that happen when I lived in an area where one more CRA is used more than the others. Though, now days some are starting to use more than just one. Just a thought.

That is what I was saying....

That is what I was saying....

Sorry, somehow from the screen to the brain your post got reversed in my mind and I thought you were saying the opposite.  But both scenarious could be true either way.  Either EX is being reported on more and one late pay or inacuracy would drive down the score compared to others, or EX could be reported to less than the others, in which case the lack of reported credit could drive it down compared to the other two.

Yeah, I've had that happen over the years, either a creditor only reported to one CRA or they didn't report at all. Most of the time it was the former where in a small tow etc. most biz only reported to one CRA but not the other two. That meant your scores were all over the place.