Sign in to follow this  
cazzer

Have to answer interrogatories

I was hoping to get some help.  I have been on this forum for 10+ years reading how you wonderful people help others.  It is inspiring.  Now I need some help and hope you can get me through this. 

I am getting sued in NJ for $4078.01 on a defaulted car loan.  When this collector first tried to collect, I sent a debt validation letter in March of 2014.  They responded to that more than 1 year later with an account payment history, included with a motion to sue.  I answered the suit and received a card from the court that scheduled a non-jury trial for 6-22-15 at 9am.  Not sure what to do next.  Plaintiff sent Interrogatories, Notice to produce and request for admission at the end of April which I have not answered yet.  I am thinking about requesting adjournment.  Please help.

20150602115323522.pdf

There is no where near enough information about your suit available to strangers on the internet to help you answer those interrogatories.  They require personal knowledge of the debt.  Unlike a credit card case this auto loan had collateral which was repossessed and it is much easier to prove default of the debt and get a judgment.  

Thanks.  I guess I will just do my best with the interrogatories myself.  Don't they need a bill of sale or something that states how much they sold the car for.  What do they need to prove that I owe what they say?  They are about $2000 off what I owed when they repossessed.  I'm not looking to get out of it.  I just want to settle for an accurate amount.  I know this forum has helped others in this situation.