When and How to dispute a BK

morgacj2004

My Chapt 7 BK was discharged 30 months ago. I have been disputing associated accts listed under the BK and am now down to 2-5 per bureau remaining. (Most of these accts show no late pays but under status show included in BK). 2 show late pay of 120-150 days). All of the accts have a zero balance and are being reported by OC. There are no CA accts.  I was told not to dispute the BK with the CRA until there are no associated accounts left with a status showing discharged in BK. Is this good info? Once these accts have been deleted do you recc disputing the BK by phone or mail.? My goal is a 750 FICO. I am now at 690

Guest Invalid123

My Chapt 7 BK was discharged 30 months ago. I have been disputing associated accts listed under the BK and am now down to 2-5 per bureau remaining. (Most of these accts show no late pays but under status show included in BK). 2 show late pay of 120-150 days). All of the accts have a zero balance and are being reported by OC. There are no CA accts.  I was told not to dispute the BK with the CRA until there are no associated accounts left with a status showing discharged in BK. Is this good info? Once these accts have been deleted do you recc disputing the BK by phone or mail.? My goal is a 750 FICO. I am now at 690

Thank you for asking your question. I have had some experience with my Chapter 7 BK with it being discharged on Sept 2013. I went ahead and disputed everything on my report in relation to the BK. I removed several of the accounts attached but since it happened not to long ago i understand a lot of the "verified" answers. I got Transunion to remove the public record this last Dec even with 5 accounts still showing "Included in Bankruptcy." Now what i disputed them for that took them out, Im pretty sure it was they didn't not verify in the time permitted and needed to delete it. One trick i have tried which is still processing right now which you can use, make sure you dispute the bankruptcy with the CRA's. Once they come back verified, ask them for verification validation. Once the validation comes through, if they state the bankruptcy court in your area, get in touch with the courthouse by certified mail. Ask them you recently inquired about a bankruptcy that is showing on file and if they directly validate their records with the CRA. IF they write back no, then you have a case with the FTC. Send letter of dispute back to CRA stating your plan to file dispute with FTC if they don't delete due to inaccurate validation claims, send the letter received from bankruptcy with your dispute as proof. That should light a fire under them and push them to delete the record instead of resort to a investigation by the FTC. I will let you know how it goes. 

Thanks for the great advice! I have already typed up 6 letters 1 to each CRA for me and my wife and will use the language "verification validation". I may have to skip a step or bluff the CRA into thinking I got a reply from the Fed CT. My BK was in Miami and they are notoriously behind and would most likely not respond to my req  for  verification clarification.