soopuhstar

Texas debt collector search quandary

Hopefully, this isn't somewhere else in the forums. I've been searching for it for days here and I have called and emailed the Texas SOS but I have not heard anything back yet.

I am using the Texas debt collector search and I have run across an issue with the results I am getting. Some of the bonded debt collectors have names and/or addresses that in some cases only slightly differ from that present on my credit report (ex. Greentree v. Green Tree Servicing or different addresses with the same company name within the same state). Does a debt collector's bonded name and address have to exactly match what's on my credit report for the bond to be valid? Does anyone know how I might obtain written proof that a debt collector is not bonded in the State of Texas? If written proof is available, any idea on about how long does it usually takes to receive it? 

Thanks in advance guys!

Does a debt collector's bonded name and address have to exactly match what's on my credit report for the bond to be valid? 

No.  The information needed for bonding in Texas is what ever the state requires for that process to be completed.  What is reported on your credit report is between the debt collector and the bureau(s).  It is entirely possible for them to have one address for mailing that is used with the bureaus for credit reports and consumers to use and another for the purposes of bonding with a specific state.

Does anyone know how I might obtain written proof that a debt collector is not bonded in the State of Texas? If written proof is available, any idea on about how long does it usually takes to receive it? 

Start with what ever agency licenses and bonds collectors in Texas.  Typically the State Treasurer.