Sign in to follow this  
mtuazon

Paying off Delinquency

Hello,

I got my first credit card in 2012. For the first year I was paying it off just off fine, I was working on building credit. In August 2013 I moved from Nevada to California and lost my job shortly after. So I ended up having to use that credit card until I got a new job a two months later. On top of the credit card I have a card payment(under my moms name) that I had to always pay. Also a student loan that lets me pay very little. With my new job I wasn't making nearly enough to pay for everything. So I had to stop paying my credit card. I've had a rough few years trying to pay for the basics while working a low paying job. I'm finally to the point when I can pay off my old debt. Last year I got two letters from the collection agency that now has my debt. However because of moving a few times I haven't been able to find the letters they sent me. I'm not quite sure what to do now. I really want to pay it off, so I can start working on getting my credit back up. 

Would I be able to call my old credit card company and figure out what collection agency has my debt?

Thank you for your time.

Would I be able to call my old credit card company and figure out what collection agency has my debt?

No need.  Start with a free monitoring service like CreditKarma and peek a your credit report.  See who is reporting and how current it is.  That should tell you who has it and then post back here for advice on how to attack it.