sweetcheeks

Tax Lien/Levy CR Removal - GA DOR

HELP!!  - I am responsible for the personal bills for the owner of the company I work for.  He has moved several times and continues to buy/sell/upgrade  all of his toys- Trucks/Boats etc.  I received a letter from the county assessors listing the 7 boats for the 2014 tax year asking if any had sold.  He had sold all but two which I had marked on the sheet and returned to the county( by regular mail, unfortunately)  asking to be billed just for what was owned. 

I never received an original bill- it was either sent to his old address,  or it was mailed to the office & lost.  Our office shares a 40 slot mailbox where I regularly (1-3 times a week) receive someone else's mail.  All I received was the listing. They also never sent me a revised bill or contacted me to let me know that the bill of sales needed to be submitted to have his account credited (which I recently found out due to this process). 

What I did receive finally ( by certified mail- so they have to come to the door) was the Lien/Levy notice.  I contacted the county again with the list stating to credit the sold boats to the account and I would Fedex payment.  I was told that it was too far to have the account credited.  I would need to pay the bill in full and wait a month for the Board of Assessors to meet  to approve the credits and issue a refund. Payment in full was made, and I received a lien release for the bank levy and copy of my paid receipt and a paid/cancelled FiFa. 

However,  the tax levy is now showing up on his credit report and I NEED TO GET THIS REMOVED  !!   I am hoping that since two of the four boats were sold and taxes were still paid for the previous tax year,  that I expect to receive more credits than what was billed. on top of being sent to the wrong address I can get it removed.    Help ????  

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!        

SC

You can't get it removed. HE can dispute it on his credit report, but that is about all you can do, except for maybe calling the IRS and explaining the erroneous reporting. But he will have to be the one to make that call.

GA has a release of tax lien that he can file.  Go to the DOR site and download it and get it filled out and notarized by the DOR for the county that assessed the tax.  Then file it with the court.  That should get it removed.  HE has to do this as the tax payer.  

Update- When I received the current year's tax assessment  (which they had to send a duplicate to the current address for me to receive) it had the current address on it, dated 6/30/15.  However looking at the paperwork,  the lien (filed in Jan 2015) and the lien release and the lien payment receipt ( both dated July 2015) all still show the old address.   I have several questions-  a) do liens require acceptance to be enforceable and  B) how do I prove that it was not accepted, or c) accepted by someone who was not him at an address that he hasn't lived at for over a year??   if so,  can any of that be used as a cause to have the TL removed from his report ?    

Tia!! 

SC