Dispute CA or wait for Statute of Limitation to expire

Meow209

This morning I received notification from myfico that a collection account has been reported on my experian credit report.  Statute of limitation (SOL) expires on 8/30/2015.  Should I dispute this account with Credit Bureau (to buy time in case they are trying to file a small claims case) or should I leave it alone and  hope they don't file a small claims within the next month?  Also if they file a small claims before 8/30/2015, what happens if they are unable to serve me before 8/30/2015? I'm in the middle of moving.  I wanted to negotiate the debt with them but not before 8/30/2015 because I figured it would be easier to negotiate if there isn't a judgment in place. 

Leave it alone and let the SOL expire so you have the leverage and a defense if they do sue you after it expires.  

If they file before the SOL then the suit is timely.  The SOL is based on the date they file the case not the date you are served.