Sign in to follow this  
willingtocope

Windows 10

In case anyone is interested, I'm now running Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge as my browser.  So far, I'm delighted.

This machine is a DELL Laptop Pentium Dual Core T4200 @ 2ghz with 3 gb ram.  It came with Vista when I bought it about 6-7 yrs ago.  I upgraded to Win 8.1 about 2 yrs ago and regretted it immediately. 

So 7/29/2015, I took the free upgrade to Win 10.  It downloaded and installed itself in about an hour.  Smooth as silk.  Copied all my IE favorites, passwords, and all my apps seem to work. 

Remarkable.  Maybe Microsoft finally got their act together.

I spent three hours on the phone with Toshiba yesterday. They recommend staying away from Win. 10 for at least a year. They report a lot of problems.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's usually the prudent thing to do...wait for version 10.1 under the assumption that the initial release is buggy.  However, in my case, I was so fed up with 8.1 I decided not to wait.

I use Windows 8.1 since August 2014 (bought new laptop)

and everything is just fine.

I've subscribed to get Windows 10 free but without intent

installing it too soon.

Windows: Counting to Ten (see pic).

Missing Windows numbers: 3.1, 3.11, ME, 98 SE.

post-85807-0-45091600-1438384364_thumb.j

Edited by GDayMateAZ

Just an FYI for anyone who cares about privacy issues regarding Windows 10:

Windows 10 has access and the ability to save all of your personal data including the contents of emails and files inside personal (non public) folders.  That means they have the ability to store *those* pictures you have on a microsoft server somewhere forever.  To "opt out" of the privacy intrusion, follow the instructions here:

https://www.hackread.com/windows-10-is-spying-on-you/

Just an FYI for anyone who cares about privacy issues regarding Windows 10:

Windows 10 has access and the ability to save all of your personal data including the contents of emails and files inside personal (non public) folders.  That means they have the ability to store *those* pictures you have on a microsoft server somewhere forever.  To "opt out" of the privacy intrusion, follow the instructions here:

https://www.hackread.com/windows-10-is-spying-on-you/

Thanks you for posting this. I am speechless.  The implications for a lawyer or anyone that has fiduciary obligations to a person or business entity are daunting.