Sign in to follow this  
h8spleadingpaper

Portfolio Recovery / Hunt & Henriques_OLD

To my fellow Pro Per defendants,

Right before my trial, I had my initial thread for this topic taken down.  However I was able to first export most of the information contained therein, and after hearing from several other members about how helpful the thread had been to them, I decided that I just had to try to bring as much of it back to the site as possible.  I apologize in advance if the posts look a bit odd; I'm having to cut and paste them into this new version from .pdf files.  The conclusion to this thread may be found here:  http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/326248-portfolio-recovery-hunt-henriques-new/.

I hope that having things divided this way (into a Part 1 and Part 2) isn't too confusing.  It's my sincere wish that the information contained herein helps others who come after me.  The time, effort, and endless patience shown by so many who helped me on this site deserve to live on for posterity. 

1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit?

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC

2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.)

HUNT & HENRIQUES

3. How much are you being sued for?

$7,xxx.00

4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff)

HSBC BANK, NA

5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?)

I received a solicitation in the main from an attorney offering to defend me.  I was never served a Summons or Complaint by the Plaintiff.  Almost a year after the Complaint was filed with the court, I received a Proof of Service form for the NOTICE OF TRIAL, signed by a legal manager at the Plaintiff's attorney's office

6. How were you served? (Mail, In person, Notice on door)

Never served Complaint or Summons.  Served Proof of Service form for NOTICE OF TRIAL by mail.

7. Was the service legal as required by your state?

No, though I suspect they will claim "Sewer Service"

8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued?

Nothing

9. What state and county do you live in?

Los Angeles, CA

10. When is the last time you paid on this account? (looking to establish if you are outside of the statute of limitations)

No particulars provided by Plaintiff

11. What is the SOL on the debt?

4 years in CA 

12. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed?

Complaint filed, Answer Served on Plaintiff's attorney and accepted by the court, set for Trial 07/xx/15

13. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?)

No

14. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed?

No

15. How long do you have to respond to the suit?

Answer has been served.  About to send Demand for BOP

16. What evidence did they send with the summons? An affidavit? Statements from the OC? Contract? List anything else they attached as exhibits.

Absolutely nothing

Having a lot of difficulty cutting and pasting the old exported posts, so I'm going to try to post them here as attachments.  Sorry for the inconvenience this may add, but I wanted to get the information back out there, for those who may need it.

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums1.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 2 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums2.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 3 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums3.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 4 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums4.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 5 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums5.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 6 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums6.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 7 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums7.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 8 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums8.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 9 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums9.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 10 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums10.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 11 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums11.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 12 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums12.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 13 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums13.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 14 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums14.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 15 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums15.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 16 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums16.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 17 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums17.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 18 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums18.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 19 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums19.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 20 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums20.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 21 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums21.pdf

Portfolio Recovery : Hunt & Henriques - Page 22 - Is There a Lawyer in the House - Credit InfoCenter Forums22.pdf

• Like 1