sebastian_4ever

DV received from SHW....what's next

I received my DV from Suttel, Hammer & White for Midland Funding/Citibank. "This validates the debt and we have been instructed to proceed to collect unless satisfactory repayment arrangements are made." They sent affidavit of creditor, billing statement and chain of title and seller data sheet. How do I proceed to make arrangements, I am thinking this is my only option.

They sent affidavit of creditor, billing statement and chain of title and seller data sheet. How do I proceed to make arrangements, I am thinking this is my only option.

I am thinking you have one more option in light of the recent settlement with the CFPB.  I  would send them another letter in response to the validation stating:

After reviewing the recent settlement by Midland Funding and Portfolio Recovery Associates with the CFPB you need proof that YOUR account is not one of the ones that they were ordered to cease collection efforts on.  Then add a link to the settlement.

See what they say to that.

• Like 2

I agree with @Clydesmom.  However, instead of referring to the account as yours, I'd refer to it as "the account in question" or simply as "account #123456789" (whatever the account number is).

@BV80  VERY good point.

Dear Bottom Feeding Law Firm:

I have received the documentation you sent in response to my debt validation letter regarding Account#123456789.

After reviewing the recent settlement between your client and the CFPB regarding their collection tactics I am requesting proof that the account number in question is not one of the ones that your client agreed to cease collection efforts on.

Regards,

Consumer Too Smart to Fall For It

• Like 2