Sign in to follow this  
billyg35

Northland group respond to my DV letter

Have and older Citi card account that was charged off in 2010. Got the collection letter from Northland Group this past july. I sent them a Dv letter and they responded by sending some very old statements from 2007 and 2008. Also a “Bill of Sale Assignment” from Citi bank. My question on this letter is that no where on it does it reference any of my information?? My name, DOB, account number with Citi.. should I ask them to provide this on this “Bill of Sale Assignment” due to the fact it has no information about me on it???

Have and older Citi card account that was charged off in 2010. Got the collection letter from Northland Group this past july. I sent them a Dv letter and they responded by sending some very old statements from 2007 and 2008. Also a “Bill of Sale Assignment” from Citi bank. My question on this letter is that no where on it does it reference any of my information?? My name, DOB, account number with Citi.. should I ask them to provide this on this “Bill of Sale Assignment” due to the fact it has no information about me on it???

You can ask but they do not have to provide it under the FDCPA as part of DV.  I would lay low.  If the date of default was in 2010 then the SOL to sue you should expire some time next year and you want that to pass so you have a defense if they do still file suit.  If you can keep it out of the debtor friendly MI courts until the SOL expires then you can tell them to get lost.  Lay low and hope you get lost in the shuffle until the SOL expires.  

If they file suit THEN you can demand that information as part of discovery in the defense process.

• Like 1