usctrojanalum

I did it! ACCEPTED!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give an update. I GOT ACCEPTED INTO LAW SCHOOL!  Two years ago I created a thread here stating I was studying for the LSAT and was going to apply for the fall of 2014.  

My first "cold" run at a practice LSAT was not so hot, so I decided to take a full year to study for it.  I took the June 2015 LSAT, improved my LSAT score by 16 points and applied to six different in law schools in September.

Today I heard back from the first school and the feeling is euphoric.

I don't start school until September of next year, so I will still be around for a while but I will not forget the people here.

My goal is to practice in the area of consumer civil litigation, among other areas.  There is a dire need in the State of New York for affordable legal civil services to the poor or near poor.  A lot of times people go unrepresented in areas such as divorce, custody matters, civil disputes etc and it can have just as a severe impact on a persons life as a criminal matter

Much of what I learned from these boards will no doubt help me be a better advocate in the future.

Thank you all

• Like 9

@usctrojanalum

Bless your heart!  CONGRATULATIONS!  :yahoo::wave:

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are so proud of you!   I know that this has been your desire for a long time, so I'm thrilled for you.  There's no doubt in my mind that you are going to succeed and will be a WONDERFUL attorney.  :-D

• Like 2

@usctrojanalum

You are just the right person to go into consumer law, concentrating on those who can't  afford legal assistance.  That is really a calling.  I admire you for that and wish you well.  BTW, what law school do you plan to attend?

• Like 2

my top 3 choices are St. Johns, Hofstra, or Touro.  I live on Long Island and wish to commute from home so these are really my only choices. Most likely Hofstra as that is where my father went. 

Congrats!.

I think you will really enjoy law school.  Unlike most of your future colleagues who will be attending right after college, you know what you want to do and will have the motivation to succeed.

I wish you the very best.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Not so much of a goodbye, just a see you later.

I move to Westchester, New York tomorrow and I will be attending Pace University School of Law.  They have a really good public interest program, and they are one of the few schools in the New York area that has a clinic for civil legal services. 

As such, you guys will probably not see much of me around here until the winter time and probably will be sporadic over the next 3 years.

I will try to provide updates along the way,

Thank you all for the words of encouragement and Godspeed.

• Like 2

I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers.   While you're going to be missed, I'm so glad that you're following your dream.  :)  

@usctrojanalum

Looks like you're going to fit in beautifully! I'm a total stranger, but this makes me very happy! Best of luck as you head off into a great future! 

Pace Law School, in pursuit of the professional and academic mission of the University as articulated in its Mission Statement, is dedicated to:

• Educating students from diverse backgrounds to be competent, ethical lawyers in the diverse callings of the profession, animated by a concern for the communities that they will serve.
  • Promoting excellence in teaching.
  • Advancing knowledge through legal and interdisciplinary research and scholarship that are recognized by regional, national, and international audiences for their contribution to the law and legal profession.
  • Contributing to the achievement of a more just society through professional education, legal scholarship, and service to those in need.

Well, that flew by. 1 semester down out of 6. I Crushed it too, ranked in the top 10% of my class after first semester grades were released. Here is to hoping the next five go as fast as the first one =)

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, usctrojanalum said:

Well, that flew by. 1 semester down out of 6. I Crushed it too, ranked in the top 10% of my class after first semester grades were released. Here is to hoping the next five go as fast as the first one =)

Congrats.  When you graduate (or are looking for a summer program), send me a line.  I know of a couple of very good public interest groups in New York that do very good work in the area of debt collection and other consumer law.

• Like 2