chocolate

Best Service for the money!!!!

Hi everybody,

I would like to monitor my credit report daily do you know witch the best service for the money I keep hearing about this CreditCheckTotall site  is it any good or if you know something better I can use ?

I also want to buy my all 3 Credit Reports with Scores from  MyFico.com  I beleive it cost about $ 59.99  Do you know if you can get a discount on that price ?

Thanks

DO NOT pay to monitor your credit daily.  There is absolutely NO reason to pay for this service.  Your credit is not going to fluctuate that much on a daily basis.  CreditKarma tracks TU and EQ for free and you can get it updated weekly or when there is a change noted to your credit i.e. a new hard pull, new collection, or new account posted.  Credit Sesame will follow EX for free but you only get an update monthly.

ANY score you get from Cap1 or AMEX is a FAKE score and is only based on the bank card sucker score.  They update monthly and when there is a material change noted.

As for the discount:  occasionally you can find a discount on getting the 3 reports but I only pay to get them when I am going to make a large purchase such as a new car or mortgage so I know where I stand.  Otherwise the FAKO scores are fine and free.

Thanks for the reply.

I am sorry to ask you this even you told me not to pay for the service, but if I do want to pay for the service do you recommend any body out there ?

I also rely like to know my actual credit score now even I am not buying anything to prepare better that why I want to buy that from MyFico.com is that the place to do that ?

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply.

I am sorry to ask you this even you told me not to pay for the service, but if I do want to pay for the service do you recommend any body out there ?

I also rely like to know my actual credit score now even I am not buying anything to prepare better that why I want to buy that from MyFico.com is that the place to do that ?

Thanks again

You aren't bothering anyone.  

No, there is NO service I would recommend paying for.  

When I did credit repair I did buy my FICO scores up front to know where I was starting from and the only place to do that is myfico.com.

You can get it free once every six months at quizzle.com. Get that one, wait three months and get it free at annualcreditreport.com, then at 9 months get it free at creditkarma.com and you have it four times in a year at no cost.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies and the ideas it sound great I did know about annual credit report , but I have to wait while because I puled early this year.

I find a way to get discount on the Fico.com witch it great!!!!

Anybody knows about Creditchecktotall.com  and what do you think please I really want to know about this site?

Also is it worth it to get reports and monitoring from one of your credit cards ?

Thanks again 

You have too many "L"s in that URL.  The site you refer to charges $30 A MONTH to give you out of date approximated scores.

You'd be better off using the money to pay down a credit card...

Thank you all for your replies and the ideas it sound great I did know about annual credit report , but I have to wait while because I puled early this year.

I find a way to get discount on the Fico.com witch it great!!!!

Anybody knows about Creditchecktotall.com  and what do you think please I really want to know about this site?

Also is it worth it to get reports and monitoring from one of your credit cards ?

Thanks again 

As Clydesmom said earlier none of them are worth paying for.   It is like throwing money out the window.

That site is NOTHING more than Creditkarma, Credit Sesame, or Quizzle with an astounding $30 a month fee.  WHY would you pay them $30 a month when the other 3 services will do it for FREE?  The scores they give you will be FAKO NOT FICO.  The ONLY place to get accurate FICO scores is myfico.com.  PERIOD.

As for the ones from your credit card:  same thing.  

Credit repair is very simple:  manage your debt and you will see your scores improve.  Deal with negative entries based on the hard reports you pull with your annual report or what is updated through the free sites.  Beyond that it isn't rocket science and you don't need to pay for credit monitoring.  You can do it yourself for free.

Hi again,

You guys are great on giving information and helping each other.

Thanks so much

Can you please help me with my other posts I will be so grateful .

I actually Would recommend myfico.  I would have been lost without it when I started.  I even got texts to my phone when anything changed.  Credit Karma scores are not even close to ficos in  my case.  I know people here say don't pay for a service but it helped me immensely.  I got all 3 with scores for 29.99.  The 59.99 deal I believe is for a new report every 3 months.  I didnt need that.  

On 10/30/2015 at 2:18 PM, Clydesmom said:

CreditKarma tracks TU and EQ for free and you can get it updated weekly or when there is a change noted to your credit i.e. a new hard pull, new collection, or new account posted.  Credit Sesame will follow EX for free but you only get an update monthly.

So CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and Quizzle are legit?  The article here on CIC at http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/annualcreditreport-com.shtml says, "AnnualCreditReport.com is the only authorized source for the free annual credit report that is yours by law."  Now I'm confused.

Are these other services useful for monitoring the progress of a person's credit cleanup process?

18 hours ago, acorn said:

So CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and Quizzle are legit?  The article here on CIC at http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/annualcreditreport-com.shtml says, "AnnualCreditReport.com is the only authorized source for the free annual credit report that is yours by law."  Now I'm confused.

Are these other services useful for monitoring the progress of a person's credit cleanup process?

It used to be that ACR was the only source until these other sites entered the business.  ACR was the only way to get a free report once per year but now with CK and other free sites ACR is almost unnecessary.  Credit Sesame has changed over to TransUnion and I have not found another site that monitors Experian for free yet.  CK and Q are legit.  They are fine for monitoring your reports during the clean up process.  I used them with no problems.   I do recommend paying for your scores from myfico.com if you are going to do a major purchase i.e  car or home so that you know what is really reporting and your actual FICO scores in all areas.  The FICO you get from free sites or credit monitoring is only the bank card sucker score not a true FICO for auto loans, insurance, or mortgages.

• Like 1

@Clydesmom  Thanks for the info!  That's good to know.  Do you have a good link for Credit Karma?  I don't want to google and get a scam site by mistake.

I'm not concerned about the FICO score at the moment, but when the time comes, I'll definitely go with myfico.com.

2 hours ago, acorn said:

@Clydesmom  Thanks for the info!  That's good to know.  Do you have a good link for Credit Karma?  I don't want to google and get a scam site by mistake.

I'm not concerned about the FICO score at the moment, but when the time comes, I'll definitely go with myfico.com.

Credit Karma

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 3:32 PM, chocolate said:

"...like to know my actual credit score ...I am not buying anything..."

These vendors have done a good job at creating consumer demand for something worthless.

Just want you to know, you don't have a score.  It's a calculation that is performed when you or someone else requests it.  Pay me $30 and I'll work up some numbers for you too.  :p

Each aspect of the lending industry has a score (never available to consumers) that is skewed to their industry.  If you're going to obtain a loan, especially the expensive stuff like a mortgage or auto loan, then it behooves you to know an approximate score and get it as high as possible.  But to just watch it?  Dude, spend your money and time on something pertinent.  But if you wanna ignore that advice, then at least don't pay for those numbers.