Sign in to follow this  
johnplace

Credit Report after 7 years

Hello,

I wanna paid my debts is already close the credit cards account, charge off or collection 3 years ago. I just want paid them but in exchange I wanna is be delete records.

1/What is the steps I need to fallow to "pay to delete" I just want all the my negative account will be erase in my credit report.

2/if the credit card companies or collection won't delete my debts even I paid them full amount, after 7 to 10 years will be erase automatically in my credit report? Or will show any track I own any of the those credit cards?

3/Can I disputed my full paid credit cards negative accounts with Equifax, Trasunion and Experian erase in my credit report? Or still I need wait 7 to 10 years will drop off in my credit report?

Thanks a lot!

I wanna paid my debts is already close the credit cards account, charge off or collection 3 years ago. I just want paid them but in exchange I wanna is be delete records.

1/What is the steps I need to fallow to "pay to delete" I just want all the my negative account will be erase in my credit report.

2/if the credit card companies or collection won't delete my debts even I paid them full amount, after 7 to 10 years will be erase automatically in my credit report? Or will show any track I own any of the those credit cards?

You send an offer of settlement to the owner of the debt and offer a lump sum of money to settle the account in full in exchange for deleting the trade line.  Some companies will NOT do this no matter what.  There is no legal basis to force them to agree to it.  However, with the new scoring model a paid account is far less damaging than an unpaid one.

The only way to ensure all negative information is gone is to wait for it to drop off.

3/Can I disputed my full paid credit cards negative accounts with Equifax, Trasunion and Experian erase in my credit report? Or still I need wait 7 to 10 years will drop off in my credit report?

You can but as long as they are reporting accurately they are not required to remove the information.   New York has a consumer protection law that states (I believe) that once the SOL to sue a consumer expires the information must be deleted from the credit report.  

Based on what you said it appears they can still sue you for the debt(s) so you might want to lay low until that passes then try to force the removal based on NY law.