Sign in to follow this  
TomnTex

IT MAY NOW BE LEGAL FOR COLLECTORS TO ONCE AGAIN ROBO CALL YOU AND YOUR CELL.

If I heard it right, ABC news reported tonight, that it just went through Congress that, the debt collectors can NOW call your home phone, or cell phone by ROBO calling you. The only thing illegal is if they try and THREANTEN you. We need more research on it, but here it is, be aware.

It was originally intended only for student loans.  And it also allowed to ATDS calls.  Last turn of events is that another member of our esteemed congress introduced a bill to strip that original bill from the budget package.  Wait and see how tis plays out and it is and end run around the TCPA.

And again, Congress writes a law that applies to everyone except the government.  As a parent who used a Fed loan for a child, I do not want any of these idiots ever calling me on my cell. I pay the loan on time every month.  I will bet they also try to use this to spam your phone with texts and other "special offers" to help you.  A debt collector is a debt collector, whether they work for the government (worst type of collector) or private company,

And in another case if no one has followed this., executives from one of the recent for profit colleges which was shut down by the education department have now gone to work as executives at a collection agency dealing with federal student loans.  Think about that, these same jerks who stole loan money to the tune of $4 billion (yes that is billion), raked in huge compensation at a worthless school for a worthless degree and now have the government considering loan forgiveness for the students are now working to collect student loans.

I believe the school was Everest Group or something like that, gotta find the link to the article.  Just amazing,, these a holes should be banished from this business for life and prosecuted.

Not the same one.  I have to find the information again.  But it just makes you sick that we allow this garbage to be recycled back into the system.  I have another one coming up for school and have learned that I will do any thing to not borrow money for it from the government. 

I know that should always be the plan, but when my college savings plans got wrecked in the great recession was not left with much choice.

• Like 2