truckinusa

Best way to deal with Midland Funding Judgement?

I have a judgment against me from Midland Funding.  Debt was last paid on in 2009.  I was sued in 2013.  I responded to the lawsuit saying I didn't know what it was and it wasn't mine, but I was unable to appear in court and I have a judgment against me.  Midland never provided any documentation that it was mine.  I honestly think it is mine, but I would like to see that I actually signed something to acquire the card.  My ex wife liked to sign up for credit cards that I never approved of in my name.  I believe I have a couple of other cards that this was the case.  I'm not sure what to do about that either.  Debt was acquired in Texas and charged off in 2009.  I currently live in Oklahoma and have since 2010.  I'm not sure if this matters.  What is the best way to proceed with this judgement?  Do SOL apply?  What does that mean for me?  

Once it's reached this point (a judgment) it can be pretty difficult to do anything about it other than pay it.

If you truly think this could be a case of fraud (which is what a wife signing her husband's name without permission is) then you could get this set aside but you are going to have to be able to prove that the debt isn't yours.  Unless this is a rally large judgment it could well cost you more to fight it than to pay it.  You might want to contact a lawyer who does this kind of work (most such initial consultations are usually free so you don't have much to lose)