/conn's/

usagi555

Does anybody know anything about a presumed collection agency that shows up on the caller ID, sometimes under the name /conn's/ and other times under conn's? 

I've been getting a call from them about every other day, and I haven't been answering.  Finally, today, somebody else picked up the phone, and said that the woman on the other end was rude and asking for somebody who doesn't live here. I sniffed around, based on the numbers that had been calling, and a few people were saying that this particular group is somehow related to Allied Interstate, and the call smacked of skip tracing.

Part of why I think this is a debt collector is the rudeness, followed up by admonishing the use of the word "damned" with the woman who had called saying "you don't need to use that tone with me," i.e. somebody trying to assert authority. 

I'm not too worried about it, as I'm pretty sure that I'm WebRecon, and they're asking for somebody that I don't even know.  If they call back, I'll pick up this time, and if you're lucky, I'll remember to record it, and I do plan on being abusive.

If it isn't your debt then simply Google the collection agency and send a cease and desist all contact letter to them certified mail return receipt.  Or you can answer the phone and simply ask for their mailing address to send the letter to.  Then if they don't stop calling:  SUE THEM.

If it isn't your debt then simply Google the collection agency and send a cease and desist all contact letter to them certified mail return receipt.  Or you can answer the phone and simply ask for their mailing address to send the letter to.  Then if they don't stop calling:  SUE THEM.

I'm a DIY kind of guy, and I don't view this as serious, so it's not worth the effort to sue for me.  Besides, I was told that the filing fees for Federal went up to $500.  I got sued by Citi a few years ago, kicked their asses in court, netted a dismissal with prejudice, then got sent back to collections.  This is nothing, and I'll be happy with being abusive on the phone. 

Which collection agency it is, or if it is in house is what I don't know and was hoping somebody had some info. 

I'm a DIY kind of guy, and I don't view this as serious, so it's not worth the effort to sue for me.  Besides, I was told that the filing fees for Federal went up to $500.  I got sued by Citi a few years ago, kicked their asses in court, netted a dismissal with prejudice, then got sent back to collections.  This is nothing, and I'll be happy with being abusive on the phone. 

Which collection agency it is, or if it is in house is what I don't know and was hoping somebody had some info. 

It may not be a collection agency at all.  It could be the collections department for the Conn's store itself.  It could also be that it isn't Conn's or their agent at all and the number is being spoofed to induce someone to answer the phone.  Unless you actually speak to them you aren't going to know for sure.  Since you don't owe them any money you have nothing to lose by answering the call.

• Like 1

Doing a google search and actually trying to find who/what the calls are about are too much of a hassle, but posting all about it here and creating "NSFW" recordings when they call are?  Essentially, just wanted to waste everyone's time here?

Doing a google search and actually trying to find who/what the calls are about are too much of a hassle, but posting all about it here and creating "NSFW" recordings when they call are?  Essentially, just wanted to waste everyone's time here?

I did do a google search, and got conflicting information.  If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.