Harry Seaward

Changes to the board

Don't worry, I got your bat gadgets included to work when quoting via the phone.

Simply highlight it with your finger or thumb, and to do that, simply hold said fIngersoll or thumb on the text until you get the highlight button, select the text by dragging the arrows, then click the highlited text and you'll get the same bubble, select that and voila.

You now have your bat gadgets working on the site :)

See below:

2 hours ago, Harry Seaward said:

Good to know for when I'm working from

Screenshot_2016-01-06-15-20-59.png

Screenshot_2016-01-06-15-21-29.png

• Like 2

@Harry Seaward

Unfortunately, we cannot let members use the source button to remove formatting on posts. This is because of security concerns, I hope you understand.

As for attachments, I've raised the limit, so you should be good to go :).

• Like 1

Thanks for your efforts, @Dylan Riggs.  I appreciate the upsize in attachment space.

I don't seem to be able to do the 'copy trick' on my phone.  I can select the text but don't get the "quote this" bubble shown in your screencap.  It does work on my desk/laptops so I'm guessing it's something specific to my phone.  I can live with it.

Thanks again for your time!

What phone do you have? And are you selecting the text afree you highlight it?

On 1/8/2016 at 0:19 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

What phone do you have? And are you selecting the text afree you highlight it?

It's a galaxy s5.

I hold my finger on a word for a second or so, drag the blue rain drop things to select all of the words I want to quote and stare at my screen for 30 minutes before giving up. Ok, not really 30 minutes.  15 or 20, though for sure. 

I'm now having another issue.  When I tap into a text entry box, occasionally I'll get whatever the last text I was entering. This is no big deal if it's just my text but if I quoted someone, I cannot figure out how to get rid of that quote box so I end up "quoting" empty text boxes. I sure could solve this if I had access to the "source" option.  ;P  I also tried to break out of mobile mode and the "request desktop site " option in Chrome does nothing noticible and there is no longer a link at the bottom of the site to load the desktop version. 

26 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

It's a galaxy s5.

I hold my finger on a word for a second or so, drag the blue rain drop things to select all of the words I want to quote and stare at my screen for 30 minutes before giving up. Ok, not really 30 minutes.  15 or 20, though for sure. 

I'm now having another issue.  When I tap into a text entry box, occasionally I'll get whatever the last text I was entering. This is no big deal if it's just my text but if I quoted someone, I cannot figure out how to get rid of that quote box so I end up "quoting" empty text boxes. I sure could solve this if I had access to the "source" option.  ;P  I also tried to break out of mobile mode and the "request desktop site " option in Chrome does nothing noticible and there is no longer a link at the bottom of the site to load the desktop version. 

When you select the text you want, you have to click the text after. Just select the text, then click the text and you'll get the bubble.

For the 2nd issue, I'll have to see something. I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

As for the "Request desktop site" this is a responsive website, meaning it's the same site whether it's on your phone, tablet, or spanned across 10 screens. The content just stacks vertically and goes from there. That way you're getting all the same features and nothing else is hacked out like the old version :).

• Like 1

Right....so now that I'm trying to figure out how to tell you to replicate the quote box issue, it's not doing what it had been doing all evening and all last week.

But the text selection thing you described does work.  I didn't realize anything was happening because the highlight was going away when I tapped it after being selected.  The 'quote' bubble was appearing.  I was just too stubborn (dumb?) to tap it so I never got to where it would drop down to the text input box.

@Dylan Riggs

On 1/12/2016 at 8:55 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

As for the "Request desktop site" this is a responsive website, meaning it's the same site whether it's on your phone, tablet, or spanned across 10 screens.

I'm not seeing the same content between my desktop/laptop and my phone.  There are two things specifically that would be helpful to see on on my phone.  One is that when viewing the Forums page (http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/), it shows the avatar of the last person that posted in that forum, but does not show the screen name of that person.

The other thing is when viewing a topic, it shows the name and avatar of the person that made the post, but doesn't show any other info.  The only thing I care about is where the person is from, but maybe others would like to see how many posts that person has made and their 'like' rating as well.

Something funny is going on when I attempt to post a link to another thread in a reply.   Instead of just presenting the URL as a clickable link it brings up some kind of a dialogue field (similar to a quoted reply) to reply to that thread within the reply which I am typing.    I have been resorting to referring them to the title of the thread in lieu of posting the URL to it. 

I have never seen anything like this happening on any message boards.  How can this be reset to just show the link? 

@lionhunter @Dylan Riggs

Can we have the old forum back, please?  Last night I had 90 minutes of typing wiped out with a single backspace keystroke (yes it was gone despite 'auto-save') and just now I couldn't save edits to a post I had made so I had to copy everything, make a new post and then delete the post I was trying to edit.

Got another issue to add to the growing list.

I don't get notifications when people post to threads I've started.  The closest setting I could find is "notify me when someone comments on something I follow" but I get a notice that this option has been disabled by the administrator.  Seems like if the option to toggle this setting is disabled, it should at least be set to 'on'.

Is anyone following up with anyone on these things that are being reported?

@Harry Seaward

I used to get an email notification that someone posted to content I follow or started, prior to the changes. I thought I had selected the correct settings to update/resume notification. I assumed it was my ineptitude with the new  format. Not ruling that out, though; this new format has me rather confused with my embarrassingly limited skill set.

Here's another one...

On the mobile version of the site when I tap into the reply text box of a topic I had previously responded to, the content of the last thing I was typing shows up in the text box. It's tricky to delete if there is a quote box but, short of clearing my cookies, I have not figured out how to clear a 'mention' of a user (e.g. @Harry Seaward).

1 hour ago, Harry Seaward said:

I don't get notifications when people post to threads I've started.  The closest setting I could find is "notify me when someone comments on something I follow" but I get a notice that this option has been disabled by the administrator.

@Harry Seaward this is what I see in my settings which seems like it's what you want-

Account Settings>Notification Settings> Automatically follow content>Automatically follow new content I post

On 2/22/2016 at 8:12 PM, texasrocker said:

Something funny is going on when I attempt to post a link to another thread in a reply.   Instead of just presenting the URL as a clickable link it brings up some kind of a dialogue field (similar to a quoted reply) to reply to that thread within the reply which I am typing.    I have been resorting to referring them to the title of the thread in lieu of posting the URL to it. 

I have never seen anything like this happening on any message boards.  How can this be reset to just show the link? 

@texasrocker I'm late seeing this but now that I stumbled on it- To just show a link to another thread use the link icon above (the symbol to the right of the underline icon at the top of the text box)

1 hour ago, Harry Seaward said:

On the mobile version of the site when I tap into the reply text box of a topic I had previously responded to, the content of the last thing I was typing shows up in the text box. It's tricky to delete if there is a quote box but, short of clearing my cookies, I have not figured out how to clear a 'mention' of a user

@Harry Seaward Instead of using the quote this box that appears when you highlight text, have you tried the quote symbol above (5th from the left) which doesn't mention a user or allows one to be edited out. Here's the difference if it's what you're referring to-

On the mobile version of the site when I tap into the reply text box of a topic I had previously responded to, the content of the last thing I was typing shows up in the text box. It's tricky to delete if there is a quote box but, short of clearing my cookies, I have not figured out how to clear a 'mention' of a user.

1 hour ago, CCRP626 said:

@Harry Seaward this is what I see in my settings which seems like it's what you want-

Account Settings>Notification Settings> Automatically follow content>Automatically follow new content I post

I have this option turned on. The problem is I can't enable the notification option for content I follow. 

1 hour ago, CCRP626 said:

have you tried the quote symbol above

The quoting is irrelevant. It could be a response I typed out with no quote or mention. Whatever the last text I had typed in that topic shows up again next time I tap into the text box.   It's a cookie coding problem with the site and how it interacts with the mobile version of Chrome. 

On 4/1/2016 at 1:30 PM, CCRP626 said:

@Harry Seaward for notifications, if you go to the individual topics, does it look normal there?

MANAGE FOLLOWED CONTENT>TOPICS

That all looks normal:

Screenshot_2016-04-01-16-10-22.png

I didn't get notifications on either of those topics when someone posted there.  I did get a notification when I was quoted and mentioned there, however.

And here's my setting screen that I can't change the notification on:

Screenshot_2016-04-01-16-09-17.png

Screenshot.png

I don't get the email notifications either.  That stopped before the board even changed.  Which I'm fine with, actually.  But I would like the on-board notifications to work.

I'll chime in on this in a bit Henry -- currently working on the site right now as we speak. My workstation was down for over a month, which has all my account infomration stored on it (refuse to work from a laptop...)

Give me a day or so and I'll answer your questions :)