Harry Seaward

Changes to the board

Sorry for the delay. I had PC issues for a while, and playing catch-up since then, it really REALLY put me behind :(.

Can you please let me know what issues you're still having or haven't figured out and I'll try to be of assistance as best as I can.

@Dylan Riggs

And then two more.  One is that on my phone I only have 5 options on the text box toolbar - bold, italics and underline, emoticons and link.  I'd like at least the additional option to quote.

The other thing is that in the old version there was an "archive conversation" link in our messenger.  This would email the complete PM discussion.  This came in handy to search a conversation because there was not a direct option to search a PM conversation.  Some of my PM convos are nearing 100 pages so now that the 'archive' option is gone, and there still is no option to search a PM conversation, I have info in my PM convos that I am no longer able to find.

2 hours ago, texasrocker said:

What happened to the "report idiots" section? 

There is a spammer in Obtaining Credit Cards, Auto Loans and Financing

You have to be signed in and the "report post" icon will be available to use.  I have reported 2 so far today.

What's going on with the boards today? They were down in the early morning. I posted in this section a few days ago and the post is gone, was regarding printing threads and lack of linking to individual posts. Also, my thread subscriptions I can't get to any posts unless I link to the thread itself. My post count which isn't important to me in itself but was at 10 and now I noticed it's at 4 now,  thanks for any input.

I'm experiencing the same as Jking57. My topic is not only missing my Posts over the last couple days but also missing posts from other members. I received emails informing me that the other members had made posts to my topic but when i click the link to view the posts i get a message that the items can't be located with error code 2s136/c. I log into the site and check my topic and sure enough the posts from members and myself aren't there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lthrwing said:

I'm experiencing the same as Jking57. My topic is not only missing my Posts over the last couple days but also missing posts from other members. I received emails informing me that the other members had made posts to my topic but when i click the link to view the posts i get a message that the items can't be located with error code 2s136/c. I log into the site and check my topic and sure enough the posts from members and myself aren't there.

Thanks for responding,  glad I'm not the only one here. I'm sure it' related to the downtime that occurred this am.

I seemed to have issues getting to my posted thread ...Tuesday? Then I was able to post a few new questions yesterday, got a response, then poof! My questions and the response was gone....drat...see a lot of posts seem to have vanished today.....

3 minutes ago, Berrygin said:

I seemed to have issues getting to my posted thread ...Tuesday? Then I was able to post a few new questions yesterday, got a response, then poof! My questions and the response was gone....drat...see a lot of posts seem to have vanished today.....

Yep I'm seeing this occurring in other threads by veteran users (e.g. calawyer, 3rd post, 2nd page here ), no doubt a forum issue. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I've seen many good posts disappear.

• Like 1

I don't remember....  Did we have any of the problems mentioned in this thread before the board was 'updated' 6 months ago?

By the way, if anyone that can fix things reads this thread, none of the issues I've reported have been resolved. 

42 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

I don't remember....  Did we have any of the problems mentioned in this thread before the board was 'updated' 6 months ago?

By the way, if anyone that can fix things reads this thread, none of the issues I've reported have been resolved. 

Personally I've been visiting these boards for the past 9 months, largely the past 6 and until today I've only noticed this. I have the highest respect for the members and what they do here but frankly the forums are in need of an overhaul.

The overhaul from January is specifically in need of an overhaul.  I don't know what was so wrong with the way it was.

I'm not saying they're related, but I've noticed much less activity on the boards since then as well. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

The overhaul from January is specifically in need of an overhaul.  I don't know what was so wrong with the way it was.

I'm not saying they're related, but I've noticed much less activity on the boards since then as well. 

The only thing "better" since the update that I can tell is that Lexington Law's phone number stays at the top of the page when you scroll.  Everything else is more clunky, confusing and slow.  Not to mention posts just disappearing a day after you reply to something.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fisthardcheese said:

The only thing "better" since the update that I can tell is that Lexington Law's phone number stays at the top of the page when you scroll.  Everything else is more clunky, confusing and slow.  Not to mention posts just disappearing a day after you reply to something.

Never mind for a moment all of the broken links in many of the stickied posts in particular, my two biggest gripes I mentioned in a post that disappeared were no "printer friendly" feature and no direct linking to posts, unacceptable in a forum such as this IMHO.

27 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

Unless I'm not understanding what you mean, this does seem to work for me. 

Sorry about that, I should've been more clear,  I meant single posts within threads, e.g. post# X in thread Y, because as it stands you have to manually count posts to get to whatever someone references, cumbersome at best especially if it's deep within the thread.

You mean like this? 

On the right of the post is an icon that I assume means 'link'. 3 dots connected like a triangle on its side. Click that then copy-n-paste the url that pops up. 

44 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

You mean like this? 

On the right of the post is an icon that I assume means 'link'. 3 dots connected like a triangle on its side. Click that then copy-n-paste the url that pops up. 

Yes but now I find I was in error :rolleyes:. I misread that as the standard fare share button for the entire thread, live and learn thanks Harry.

33 minutes ago, Jking57 said:

Yes but now I find I was in error :rolleyes:. I misread that as the standard fare share button for the entire thread, live and learn thanks Harry.

I did the same thing for a few weeks and finally just clicked it to see what it was. Lol

Hey guys,

This forum software was re-written from the ground up. On the old versions, which was produced for nearly a decade with the feature set it had to get to where it was. This one releases new features with every upgrade.  Some features will take much longer to come back based on the demand of it, sadly.

As for the posts disappearing, that was unfortunate. We did an automatic software update that didn't work, so the database was restored. Manually did the update this time around... same thing happened so we'll investigate that and come back to it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, calawyer said:

Is there a way we could make links to previous versions of the board work?  I have notes of particularly helpful  threads that no longer lead anywhere.  Example:

Another Cach lawsuit in CA - need a lot of help

Here is the URL of the 'old' link:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/311930-another-cach-lawsuit-ca-need-lot-help-2.html

Here is the URL for the 'new' link:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/311930-another-cach-lawsuit-in-ca-need-a-lot-of-help/

So not only is the directory structure different, the old board used to drop "in", "a" and "of" (and probably several others) from the topic title part of the URLs where the new board includes these.

So what I did to find the thread on the new site was go to google and use "site:creditinfocenter.com another cach lawsuit in california" and it was the first link.  Not convenient, but does give you a way to find what you're looking for so you can then update your links to the new format.

Thanks HS.  I appreciate your taking the time to explain the workaround.

@Admin :  Isn't there some way to fix this internally through coding or otherwise?