Cheerio

What happens after I file an Answer to a credit card lawsuit?

I just responded an Answer to a CACH LLC credit card lawsuit/summons (civil- limited case). What happens next, and how long before I hear anything from either the court or CACH LLC? Should I send CACH LLC a Discovery also? I am trying to buy time to be able to file BK.

It depends. during our two cases with two different JDBs, after filing our answer it took about 1-2 months before we received discovery request from the. I don't know how BKs work or the approval rate, but I would encourage you to stay active on this case.

I would send a Bill of Particulars demand.

Thanks for the response sadinca.  When you received the discovery request, how much time do you have to respond to them and what happens after you respond to the discovery request?  I just filed my Answer on 12/23/15.  Should I wait to receive the discovery request or should I send the BOP now?  Hopefully there's no more fees to answer the discovery and or send a BOP?

I would send a demand for BOP now, in fact, during my last case I sent the BOP a week before filing my answer. the objections I received to the BOP request made answering their discovery a bit easier.

you have 30 days (+ 5 days if served by mail) to answer their discovery request. there is a very specific way in which to answer their request for discovery. the answers must be code compliant. keep in mind that the clock does not start ticking the day you receive the envelope in the mail but the day they claim the package was served.

BOP and Discovery are not filed with the court (unless one of the parties is moving to compel further answers) so there are no fees involved.  

Thank you again.  I will look into BOP now.  If there is forum or link on how to BOP and how to respond to a Discovery could you please let me know as well?  I really appreciate your help.

here is the Bill of particulars request that we use in the California threats. just replace the RED fonts with the pertinent information related to your case.

if you use the search field found in the "is there a lawyer in the house" forum, and you search for CACH LLC, or the name of the law firm handling the case, you may find some threats that will give you a heads up as to the kinds of request you will be receiving.  of course, after you receive them, if you have any question, you can always bring them here and we'll assist you with all we can.

I strongly suggest to anyone that comes to these forums, do not stick only to your threat. read other California threats, or follow other active California cases, so you'll know what is to come and what to expect. that way you'll have some idea and you can plan ahead. I strongly recommend reading homelessincalifornia threat, very comprehensive, 1111girl or 1111calgirl (I can never remember her name), also, I think oldwoman

Bill of Particulars request.doc