Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

What happens after I file an Answer to a credit card lawsuit?

I just responded an Answer to a CACH LLC credit card lawsuit/summons (civil- limited case). What happens next, and how long before I hear anything from either the court or CACH LLC? Should I send CACH LLC a Discovery also? I am trying to buy time to be able to file BK.

Who was the OC?  When was the last payment?  Is there an arbitration clause in the cardmember agreement?  It's easy to beat CACH with arbitration.

Is this the only debt you have?    If this is the only debt, I would not file BK.  I would defeat the JDB.

Unfortunately, this is not the only credit card debt I have and plan on filing BK.  However, I need time to come up with some money to hire an attorney.  I am curious to know how long after I file an Answer before they get back to me. 

I think the last payment made on the card was in March of 2014. 

If you are planning to file BK, even if the JDB gets a judgment, it can be vacated through the BK process.   But if you fight their lawsuit aggressively you should get about 6 months before they get a judgment.   If you are really aggressive, they may never get a judgment.

• Like 1