shay24

About to be sued by PRA

@NormInGeorgia

I finally got served today. I have 30 days to respond, they included a copy of a statement from the walmart credit card a bill of sale that they purchased the account and  exhibit b shows a print out that looks like it was done on a excel spreadsheet. Also a affidavit from an employee of PRA   I will upload the documents tomorrow 

Don't give them too much credit.  They probably did not include a "bill of sale" for YOUR account.  I bet that it says they purchased a portfolio or some account group. No where does it ever point to YOUR account being sold.  Also if you really read what the affidavit says, it likely says only that this person knows that the PRA records are accurate.  But no where will it say that this is what the Sychrony bank had in their records. Because they can't testify to the bank's records.  So we don't know what happened to the account prior to PRA being involved. 

Of course none of those things really matter since you are in the fun world of kangaroo Magistrate Court and the judge will say "did you have this card?"  "well, your honor... I...."   "Judgment for the Plaintiff. Next."  That's why the arbitration or a counter claim is key. You don't even have to worry about what they do or don't have.  We just like to worry about disrupting the normal flow and making the PRA attorney flustered because they never encounter someone fighting back.  :)

• Like 1

Ok, my old eyes can not see the numbers on the scan.  what I see says next payment due is when?  2/28/15?   And then they sell on    3/19/15.?  That does not make sense, someone please clarify....might be my kerikornitis.

2 hours ago, shellieh98 said:

Ok, my old eyes can not see the numbers on the scan.  what I see says next payment due is when?  2/28/15?   And then they sell on    3/19/15.?  That does not make sense, someone please clarify....might be my kerikornitis.

It does say payment due date is 02/28/2015 - or maybe 02/26/2015, but it also says that it was already charged off on that date also.  But... they didn't sell it on 3/19/2015, the forward flow document says the account was sold 7 months earlier, on July 17, 2014.  That's pretty odd and suspicious, if not just a plain old FDCPA violation.

Op, is there any chance that PRA is reporting this on your credit reports as having a balance larger than $3101.81?