jas1357

Judgement on my Experien report HELP!!!

Hi, I am trying to figure out the best way to get this judgement off of my Experien credit. I've gotten them off my TU AND EQ report. I did a DV thats how i got those off. it 's from.

Date filed  5/27/2010

Reference # 597198

Court Harris Co court-Houston

Liability 2176

Asset amount 2,176.00

I am surprised that a DV worked to remove a judgment.  Those are public records and as long as the judgment is active in the court system it usually reports.  Experian is one of the worst at maintaining their search for public records and reporting them.  

If this judgment is valid and yours there is no magical method to remove it short of paying it after it has been adjudicated for 6 years.

• Like 1

I had a credit repair company working on it, they sent me the letters and all the work they were doing on my credit file before they took off with my money lol

Do you own a home currently or are you planning on obtaining a mortgage loan in the next 10 years?

Judgments appear on your credit report because of the impact they have on real property.  In the few seconds between a deed and lien being recorded, a pre-existing judgment will attach to property in first position.  Obviously, mortgage lenders want not only first lien position but prefer to have nothing else secondary to their interests as well.   Additional liens can make foreclosure difficult, costly or impossible.

So it's really NOT in your best interests to have judgment removed from your credit reports.  As stated above, even if this gets accomplished, the legal item still exists in public records and should get picked up again and reinserted into your credit file.  Some things you really don't want suppressed.

20 minutes ago, Ahntara said:

In the few seconds between a deed and lien being recorded, a pre-existing judgment will attach to property in first position. 

What do you mean that it will attach to property in "first position"?

On 2/20/2016 at 2:19 PM, jas1357 said:

I had a credit repair company working on it, they sent me the letters and all the work they were doing on my credit file before they took off with my money lol

Yeah, you can expect that judgment to re-appear at some point.  You got scammed.  Sorry.

If you have access to mortgage paperwork, refer to it for more clarification.  It's comprised of two (primary) components, a deed which grants you rights to the property and the mortgage note which is a lien.  Mortgage lenders want their lien to be exclusive.  Consumers have gotten 80/20 mortgage loans.  It's a tactic used in the big-scam days prior to 2008 that allowed consumers to obtain loans when they didn't have the 20% down payment.  So the 80% LTV note (lien) would be in first position when recorded, the 20% in second position, both secured by one piece of real estate.  For the mortgage company to foreclosure, legally they would file on the 80% loan first, then the 20%.

Judgments, once recorded, become liens.  That's why they get recorded.  (I'm being simplistic)  A valid judgment against you would attach to any real property recorded prior to the lien securing the property, thus placing the judgment (even if it's pre-existing, even if it doesn't appear on your credit reports)  in first lien position.  This is the worst surprise for a mortgage lender to know their investment is not secure.  It would thwart their ability to foreclose.

hopefully that made sense