Sign in to follow this  
TheRoadBack

Help!! What Credit card companies will approve 5 years after default with credit now 730

Hi everyone, ran in to some credit issues with BOA, Chase, Wells Fargo etc 5 years ago. My exp credit report is totally clean 730 fico as is TU. Will I be blacklisted from these banks as the were charge offs that we're never paid or do I have a shot? Also, who pulls only exp or only tu? Thank you in advance for your help!!! 

21 minutes ago, TheRoadBack said:

Will I be blacklisted from these banks

I believe all 3 of those are known for black listing.  AMEX is another.  

21 minutes ago, TheRoadBack said:

Also, who pulls only exp or only tu?

Top tier cards are going to pull all 3 bureaus before extending credit.  Given that you are in the south where Equifax is primary you can expect that they will probably start there.

I got a Chase Sapphire card 10 years after I defaulted for a Chase airline card. So with Chase it is possible. 

Capital One and Merrick are very lenient now.  They will start off with about $750 credit limit and like 29% APR then after 6 months to a year probably double the limit if maintained well.  Just pay the balance every month and the outrageous rate won't matter.

Merrick bank was one of them that was CO. I don't think they will approve me. I was hoping to get approved by a bigger bank but seems they blacklist. I am ok with capital one and never tried Barclays. Any other bigger banks  that might approve with 730 disco but only pull exp or tu?