Complaining to CFPB can get you that Card Agreement you need!

Kablooey

Hi all,

Long story short, JDB sues me for breach of contract of an old Citibank CC account.  I file MTC Private Contractual Arbitration and Dismiss. In the motion hearing, dirtbag PA argues that the CC agreement I swore applied, doesn't apply because I can't prove which CC agreement is which, blah blah. Judge swears me in, asks me why I believe what I believe, decides not to believe me, then sides with dirtbag PA. Yay justice for the common citizen.

See this link for a lively discussion on a motion judge abusing their discretion to first entrap into discussing, and then rule on, the soundness of a witness's sworn testimony to the validity of a Credit Card Agreement.

The point of this new thread is so that it is easy to find out that the suggestion that @CCRP626 made to complain to the CFPB WORKED! I complained that Citibank would not talk to me about a sold account and within 10 days of filing the complaint, I got a letter form Citibank with my name, last 4 of the account number, the Card Agreement, and dates of applicability. Same agreement, btw, that I originally declared, just 3 years older.

• Like 1

I'm glad that worked. Like the CFPB says-

We’ll forward your complaint to the company and work to get a response. After we forward your complaint, the company has 15 days to respond to you and the CFPB. Companies are expected to close all but the most complicated complaints within 60 days.

You’ll be able to review the response and give us feedback. If we find that another agency would be better able to assist, we will forward your complaint and let you know.

• Like 1