Is It Ever Too Late For Debt Validation?

MM800

My wife has been paying on a medical  collection since 2008. We were under the impression that the collection agency was collecting for the hospital. We were led to believe this through conversations over the years. I know, dont talk to those bastards. Water under the bridge. We were sent a demand letter earlier this year and a statement with all the interest accrued. WOW!!! Since then we have gotten into a pissing match and as of Saturday have bee sued by the collection agency. The account number is there for the hospital. I was able to log on line and actually make a payment on the account. 10.00. However, there is no payment history on that account. All the way back to 2008. So I contacted accounts receivable at the hospital today and boy did I get the run around. I could not get a straight answer from them whether the account was open or closed. She just kept reading the company line" contact the collection company". I'm kinda at a loss as to where the account stands. We have been making payments to the collection company for the last 8 years. I have an appointment with an attorney on Wednesday. I was hopping someone could shed a little light for me. 

Thank You

Get a lawyer involved.  This is related to your old thread on this collection agency and I am still convinced that they are breaking ID law.  8 years this account should have MORE than been paid off.

As to your question is it ever too late to DV?   You already did DV them and they responded but yes, once they have sued you it is too late.

Thanks for the response. I have an appointment with an attorney, actually two. I really don't have to many expectations. I'm probably going to end having to write my own response to the summons. I found some info on writing a response under "Legal Advice". The response is more centered around credit cards and charge accounts. I just got to apply it toward medical collection. Any suggestions in wording.

Thanks

The original bill in 08 was 4684.95 and w have paid 4635.00 . They have added 2041.50 in interest. North Idaho Credit must have there own in house attorney as they have the same address.  Check out page 5. That appears to be the only proof of my debt??? I really appreciate your time. 

Thank You

Complaint Page 4.rtf

Complaint Page 5.rtf