Credit Repair Starting Point If I've Used Lexington in last year

LeapinLizards

I realize that Lexington Law is affiliated with/advertised on this site.  I signed up with them last year around this time to start cleaning things up, but all it seemed to do was trigger a lot of mail to my home that I had no idea what to do with.  It was never explained to me until I called to cancel the service that they wanted me to upload all letters received to them.  I believe I stopped services with them in mid-summer last year, so does that change my starting point to start cleaning up my report?  Such as, some items on my report are marked "customer disputes" - do I start with disputing through the CRAs first and then use the TX loophole and send DV letters under the TX law?  Or, do I skip the CRA step if the items are flagged "disputed"?  I am trying to make changes as quickly as possible because I want to buy a home in the fall (fingers crossed).  

I posted another question under the Mortgage thread - was advised to PFD some old medical by one mortgage loan guy, another suggested that FHA does not care about medical - no idea what to do about 6 medical accounts...

9 hours ago, LeapinLizards said:

I am trying to make changes as quickly as possible because I want to buy a home in the fall (fingers crossed).  

"As quickly as possible" means 6 months to a year minimum in the credit repair business if not longer.  Odds on a fall mortgage are slim given the foreclosure you have reporting.

9 hours ago, LeapinLizards said:

another suggested that FHA does not care about medical - no idea what to do about 6 medical accounts...

FHA very much cares about collection accounts that are reporting.  ANYTHING that can become a lien on your home will have to be cleaned up before you get a mortgage.