Attorney Consultation Didn't Go So Well

MM800

I saw an attorney in regards to being sued by a CA.  The account in question in considered "assigned". Which means that it is open and  interest can be charged in the state of Idaho.. The collection agency is "assigned" the account is working with the original creditor. If I understand it correctly, once all the funds are collected, then they are split up between the original creditor and CA according to whatever agreement they have.  Really all I can do now is respond to the complaint, question the amount owed as to whether all payments have been applied.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, debtzapper said:

Is this a credit card debt?  If your card agreement allows for arbitration,   respond to the complaint with a general denial and for an affirmative defense, list "private contractual arbitration.  Most CA's will not follow you into arbitration because it is too expensive.

No it is a medical bill for a hospital.  This is a separate thread there is another one with all the details but basically they have been making payments for 7 years!!  The collection agency is illegally adding interest in my opinion.

Most if not all hospital financial agreements do not have arbitration.  

Thanks Clydesmom. Ya it's an assigned hospital debt. Basically the hospital is still in the background waiting for there cut. I'm going to answer the complaint, but need to word it towards a discovery. I need more info. We have nothing. Interesting,my name is on the the complaint also. I have never had any contact with anyone on this ever. Over 8 years. Now I am  part of the suit also . Anything suggestions here? I'm trying to figure out how to get this info. I need to respond to the complaint, I know the are shooting for a non reply, or shooting for a summary judgement. Are they required to provide this info in the complaint? 

Hey sorry, not trying to star a bunch of threads. It's from 08. I feel my  old thread has gotten so long , it makes me tired reading it myself, lol!!.  Basically, it was assigned to a CA in 08. They called my wife as one of the people that works knows my wife, (another long story). Says something to the fact, (were separated in 08), we got this bill, we need payment,  yada, yada. She explains her position, (she's not working, I'm out of town trying to find work), could I make, payments to you. Then monthly, the collector would call , my wife would make whatever payment she could at the time. This has gone on until...fast forward to 2014, I suffer a spinal injury, go down for a year, wife goes to work full time, I pick up her duties around the house and paying the bills and question what what is going on. I have her pay smaller payment, till I figure out whats going on. Get a demand letter with a principal and interest break down in December 2015. Send a letter to the CA questioning there right to interest and receive a letter stating that since they are assigned the collection they can charge interest and Bang! Sued 3/19/2016