Is the local library a credit grantor by law

Skyy

I have a collection on my account from a local library stating I had an account with them for $150.00.  I never signed any type of credit agreement with them nor did the signed agreement state it would be reported to a credit agency.  plz advise  :/

I am surprised that it would be the library reporting the debt and not a JDB that they sold it to.

In any case, there are many situations where a debt is reported to the CRAs regardless of whether you signed anything to that effect or not. If you do not pay on a medical bill for example when you were rushed into the emergency room with a heart attack, they can still report to the CRAs even if you did not sign anything. Many government agencies are now reporting debts to the CRAs where they did not do so in the past.