1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? Midland Funding LLC (Warren, MI)
2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.) No named law firm - lists 4 separate plaintiff's attorneys
3. How much are you being sued for? ~$860
4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff) Amazon.com -- Synchrony Bank
5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?)
Received a Summons and Complaint via mail and
Good news. I stumbled across this case cite in the Judge's Civil Proceedings Benchbook. (IANAL) As long as a motion to compel arb contains proper citations, no brief is necessary.
However, a trial court need not deny a motion if it is filed without a brief, if the motion itself contains citations to legal authority supporting its proposition. Woods v SLB Prop Mgmt, LLC, 277 Mich App 622, 625-626, 750 NW2d 228 (2008).