Received fake judgement letter from Rausch,Sturm,Israel,Enerson & Hornik!!!

This should be fun. Today I received a letter in the mail from Rausch, Strum, Israel, Enerson & Hornik that had a copy of a judgement dated June 29th, 2009.  As I can assure you I owe no such debt, this is clearly a fake judgement but it gets better. The judgement has a few interesting features such as, a fake file, stamp and return, an agreement between me and plaintiff for payment, a judges signature, and best of all, my signature.  I must say I applaud their efforts. I have attached copies of the judgement and look closely at page 2 that has my signature, the top of the page has a date and says Fire Dept.? I do work for a Fire Department and wondering if they got my signature from them? Let me know what you think about this judgement. 

2.pdf

Fake letter from Rausch.pdf

IMG_20160410_0001.pdf

@Kramer33

If a judgment exists, I didn't say that it's valid or that you owe it.   You might very well have been sued but never served.   Or it could simply be mistaken identity.

The point is you need to call the court to see if a copy of a judgment like the one you received is on file.

The attorney who signed the judgment, Anh Regent,  is the sleaziest JDB attorney in Texas.  I was awarded over $3,000 in sanctions for his unethical/borderline illegal antics when he sued me in 2013.   

If you have indeed already taken measures to ascertain that there is no such record in the court then you should throw the book at him.  I cannot think of anyone more deserving in the state of Texas.

• Like 3

The first thing I would do is contact a consumer attorney near you.  I would do a little research to find one that is more aggressive or likes to take on scummy JDBs like this.   The attorney will advise you of any further possible actions.

I would also pull all 3 credit reports and see if/how they are reporting this bogus debt.  There may be more potential violations there too.

I bet. Do you recognize the name?

In any event, unless the assignment of judgment is recorded, I don't think it is valid. I'm not up to speed with Texas civil procedure but I expect that's the case. It doesn't appear that an assignment was filed. In fact, it doesn't even appear that the original judgment was filed (could have overlooked it though). Anyone schooled on Texas rules relating to assignment of judgments?

The only place I can find that it is even mentioned is in the Civil Practice and Remedies Code regarding the clerk of court distributing the judgment payments to the plaintiff,

Sec. 31.008. (e)  "The clerk of the court shall deposit the trust funds and any interest earned by the funds in the clerk's trust fund account.  The clerk shall pay the funds and any interest earned by the funds to the judgment creditor or to the successors to the rights of the judgment creditor.  The clerk may presume that the funds are payable to the judgment creditor unless the clerk is furnished with a written assignment of the judgment."

4 minutes ago, nascar said:

@texasrocker

Based on that, what is your opinion of LVNV's claim that it is judgment creditor? Since when did LVNV start buying judgments anyway? Did they acquire the old Arrow stuff? I can't remember.

Yep. http://consumerrecoverynetwork.com/arrow-financial-services-debt-buyer-closed-shop-debts-purchased-lvnv-debt-collection/

4 hours ago, nascar said:

This is the first I have ever heard of anyone  purchasing a judgment.    

This is very strange if everything the original poster has stated is true.  Such is typical of anything that has passed through Anh Regent's hands though.  I don't believe he can sleep each night if he hasn't scammed on something that day.   

• Like 1

Yes very strange. Trust me when I say , I have never seen this debt, been a Toro consumer, been served papers, or even signed papers in court agreeing on a judgement. Can somebody explain why my signature is on this and why the top of the page has the words "Fire Dept" and a date on a "supposed court document"? 

1 hour ago, Kramer33 said:

why the top of the page has the words "Fire Dept" and a date on a "supposed court document"

It looks like something that was faxed to the court.  That would explain that at the top:  it was faxed from the "fire department"  many faxes are set up to "stamp" each page with the origin, date, and time.

1 hour ago, Kramer33 said:

Can somebody explain why my signature is on this

Are you saying you are not the person listed on the docket but it is your actual signature on the consent judgment?   That does not appear to be a stamped or faked signature.  It looks like "live" signature.  What are the chances a colleague of yours at the fire department used your identity in getting credit?

I'm confused.

OP says that this was mailed to him at his address.  OP copies the letter and docs and posts them for us.  The name in OP's posted docs is blacked out, but still readable if you look closely.  The blacked out name is the same "JC" name that shows up in the court record that nascar posted, but when nascar asked OP if his initials are JC, he said "no".  The letter was addressed to the same "JC" name that shows up in the court record.  OP says that they sent this to him, and he obviously opened the letter.  This raises some questions.

If OP is not the "JC" mentioned in the court file, then why is the same name on both the court file and these docs?

If OP is not "JC", then why open mail clearly addressed to "JC"?

Something seems off on this.   The name that OP blacked out on the letter and docs IS the same name as the JC in the court record.  The JC name can be clearly made out on both the attorney letter and the "agreed judgment".  OP, please clarify.  Are you saying that this is your signature but your name is not "JC"?  Or is the name really yours but you have no recollection of the case or debt?  Couldnt help but notice that they only sent you page 2 of a 2-page fax, I wonder what was on page 1.  Obviously not the agreed judgment that they sent, since there's no fax heading on it.

9 minutes ago, kraftykrab said:

I'm confused.

OP says that this was mailed to him at his address.  OP copies the letter and docs and posts them for us.  The name in OP's posted docs is blacked out, but still readable if you look closely.  The blacked out name is the same "JC" name that shows up in the court record that nascar posted, but when nascar asked OP if his initials are JC, he said "no".  The letter was addressed to the same "JC" name that shows up in the court record.  OP says that they sent this to him, and he obviously opened the letter.  This raises some questions.

If OP is not the "JC" mentioned in the court file, then why is the same name on both the court file and these docs?

If OP is not "JC", then why open mail clearly addressed to "JC"?

Something seems off on this.   The name that OP blacked out on the letter and docs IS the same name as the JC in the court record.  The JC name can be clearly made out on both the attorney letter and the "agreed judgment".  OP, please clarify.  Are you saying that this is your signature but your name is not "JC"?  Or is the name really yours but you have no recollection of the case or debt?  Couldnt help but notice that they only sent you page 2 of a 2-page fax, I wonder what was on page 1.  Obviously not the agreed judgment that they sent, since there's no fax heading on it.

Your right, this is off. The fact that my identity has been used and put on court documents is very strange. If this was my actual debt, you think a JDB would go 7 years and not get paid after a judgement was rendered? 

As for posts about my initials, my initials are not JC. Since KraftyKrab has solved my identity, can we figure out how my name, signature and possibly work are being used on a judgement doctrine? 

Some more info, I hope it's helpful, 

The lawyer that was involved in that case is not the same one that sent you this letter.  The original lawyer has amassed quite the reputation for being a debtor himself.

http://debt-suit-litigation-in-texas.blogspot.com/2013/09/anh-huynh-regent-debt-collection.html

Read the whole link, if for some reason you do need to fight this out, he probably filed a case filled with errors, though I'm not sure how far that will get you today.

http://setexasrecord.com/stories/510619263-houston-law-firm-sued-for-violating-texas-federal-debt-collection-laws

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/4749129/Moore_v_Regent

That case was dismissed without prejudice because the lawyer filed bankruptcy.

• nascar locked this topic