Any warrant in debt attorneys in Virginia Beach?

Who is suing you? My ex roommate for lease and past due bills

For how much? $5, 178.64 interest of 6% and costs of 56

How do you know you are being sued? Was served the warrant 

How were you served? Were you served? Was served at my job  

What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? my roommate was crazy and I took the right protocol to get off the lease, but she wouldn't sign me off so I was stuck, but I had to move out for my mental health because of her.

Where do you live? Norfolk, VA. My case is in Virginia Beach though.

When is the last time you paid on this account? I gave her a 30 day notice on November 1st, but I had vacated my living space by the 9th of November.

What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by a) calling the court or B)looking it up online (many states have this information posted daily). I have court on May 16th. I found out that she doesn't have an attorney and also found out that she is being sued by 5 other people.

I have never been taken to court so I am completely lost. I know I can win this case with the documents, texts and evidence that I have against her. I need to just be headed in the right direction of anyone is out there to help! Thanks!

What exactly do you mean by, "I took the right protocol to get off the lease?" Was your lease under both names- yours and your roommates? Doe it include a provision for early termination of one of the parties? If the lease was in her name, what did it say about subletting? Was she even permitted to have a roommate? Was it in your name only and perhaps she was the sublet? Without reading the lease terms, I can't specifically identity your rights and obligations thereunder.

If you were party to the lease, you would be obligated to end your tenancy under the terms stated in the lease, if any, and pay any fees or monies associated with that. If there was simply an informal agreement between you and your roommate, that would tend to make things a more difficult for her to recover, but not entirely impossible. It could still be shown that the two of you entered into an agreement upon which she relied to her detriment. There are some other contractual technicalities that may affect your liability under a contract as well, but no need to address that now.

Finally, assuming for sake of argument that you were obligated under a binding agreement, breaching that agreement because she was "crazy" is a highly subjective reason and, frankly, not something you want to just blurt out as a defense tot he lawsuit. "Your honor, I had to get out because she is crazy!" Is she mentally unstable, maybe an out of control drug addict ... or is she an angry girlfriend who likes to throw things at you? You get the idea. Let's work on your legal obligations under the lease first. Can you provide answers to the questions above?