question on credit report

bbgughj

I've recently been getting phone calls from Alliance one , They said they are handling my account that's been defaulted since 2015(Citi), I've also recently reviewed my credit report but they are not listed on the report .... The agent I spoke with said he was from Alliance one and Authorized to collect for citi... Who owns this Account ?Citi or Alliance one , How do I proceed With handling this account ? I've contacted citi  but they said alliance one is handling this account going forward....

28 minutes ago, bbgughj said:

Who owns this Account ?Citi or Alliance one

It appears that Alliance One is a collection agency so it is likely that Citi still owns the debt but their contract with AO for collections means once it got sent out that you must deal with the CA.

29 minutes ago, bbgughj said:

How do I proceed With handling this account ?

Depends on what you want to accomplish.

39 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

It appears that Alliance One is a collection agency so it is likely that Citi still owns the debt but their contract with AO for collections means once it got sent out that you must deal with the CA.

Depends on what you want to accomplish.

I would like to settle , Negotiate and PFD on this account....

26 minutes ago, bbgughj said:

I would like to settle , Negotiate and PFD on this account...

If Citi referred you to Alliance One then you are going to have to deal with them.  You can negotiate and settle at any time.  Just make sure you do so in WRITING before you pay.

As for the PFD:  many creditors have a hard line stance against doing so and that part you cannot force.  I believe Citi is one of them.

59 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

If i

As for the PFD:  many creditors have a hard line stance against doing so and that part you cannot force.  I believe Citi is one of them.

If I'm unsuccessful in getting a PFD ,what should I be asking for? I would like for my trade line on my Credit report to be listed in good standing.... 

3 minutes ago, bbgughj said:

I would like for my trade line on my Credit report to be listed in good standing.... 

I would like to be 5'10" and a size 4 but that ain't gonna happen either.  

You cannot force the creditor to report something that isn't accurate.  All you can do is offer.  If you are settling for less than what is owed the chances are pretty good they will reflect the trade line that way.  Getting an account you defaulted on and settled for less reporting as positive is highly unlikely.  You have nothing to lose by trying but I would not get your hopes up.