vondutch0481

I lost my case and now i have judgement against me now what?

It all started last year, my case is in california and i had a lawsuit against me for the amount around 1,800. I have went to court and tried to fight the case the best i can but it seemed that the judge was more in favor towards the plaintiff. I had no way to lower the amount i owed and i tried to do a payment plan but it was already too late. so i end up loosing the case and now i have a judgement against me for the amount now of @2500 that is with  the lawyer fees , etc.  So now its 2016 and  i am barely making it to survive. so i have a car that's already payed off under my name its a ( 8 year old car) . will cach llc take this property from me ? i really don't want to  stress it out but i know that now that i have a judgement against me ....does it matte if i pay this amount soon or by the need of the year when i have some money saved up ???? i know its going to be on my credit report .. but i would like some outlook on what happens after you loose your court and now a judgement is against you .

- Thank you kindly. 

1 hour ago, vondutch0481 said:

i have a car that's already payed off under my name its a ( 8 year old car) . will cach llc take this property from me ?

Probably not because it is worth less than the mandatory state exemption and by the time they pay to seize it, store, and auction it plus the state exempted amount they would get nothing.

1 hour ago, vondutch0481 said:

does it matte if i pay this amount soon or by the need of the year when i have some money saved up ?

Probably doesn't matter.  Often they won't even try to collect if they know you have no assets.

I would wait a while.  Often you can settle a judgment for less in a lump sum payment

• Like 1

PLEASE tell me that this was a typo....you had a judgment for $1800 plus costs, interest, etc, a year ago, and now it is up to $25000????  Is that even remotely possible for an $1800 judgment to get so much added on in just one year?

4 hours ago, kraftykrab said:

PLEASE tell me that this was a typo....you had a judgment for $1800 plus costs, interest, etc, a year ago, and now it is up to $25000????  Is that even remotely possible for an $1800 judgment to get so much added on in just one year?