Change in dispute

Ok so I was in my 3rd dispute with Equifax, and my report was completed on the 30 th of May, and I printed my results and nothing was removed , and again this morning I looked and still the same well about 2pm today I get email my score drops 123 points just like that and now my Equifax online doesn't even show report dispute completion date anymore.... Mind you I have 0 inquiries and was disputing 1 charge off and 3 late fees... Any help please?

We would need more info.  Is anything new added to the report?  A new late account, collection or charge-off? 

You disputed a specific account.  When you pull up that one account, is there anything under the account status such as "This account remains unchanged after your dispute on (date)"?  If there are no new accounts added to the report, and no negative changes to the entries already listed, I have no idea how a score could drop that much. 

On 6/2/2016 at 8:12 PM, Vcavazos said:

Ok so I was in my 3rd dispute with Equifax, and my report was completed on the 30 th of May, and I printed my results and nothing was removed , and again this morning I looked and still the same well about 2pm today I get email my score drops 123 points just like that and now my Equifax online doesn't even show report dispute completion date anymore.... Mind you I have 0 inquiries and was disputing 1 charge off and 3 late fees... Any help please?

hi can i ask how you are disputing them? is it the online way? Or are you sending certified mail and disputing it using section 609??

On 6/2/2016 at 9:12 PM, Vcavazos said:

It's possible that the score dropped because due to the dispute they "updated" the TL, which essentially makes it look like a fresher bad account.  There is no need to continually dispute the same TL.  If they do not remove incorrect information after your first dispute, I would send an MOV letter.  The MOV simply asks Equifax to provide to you the method they used to verify the TL AND for the name, address and phone number of the person who verified the information. 

Likely, they will not provide this information, even though they are required to do so in 15 days under the FCRA.  Instead, they usually just send a generic form letter describing how they handle disputes.  However, I have found that after getting the form letter, if I get a new copy of my reports, sometimes the TL in question has been quietly removed.

On 6/8/2016 at 6:16 AM, fisthardcheese said:

The MOV simply asks Equifax to provide to you the method they used to verify the TL AND for the name, address and phone number of the person who verified the information. 

1681i(a)(6)(B)(iii):

(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

It says they have to provide the business name of the furnisher.   The statute does not say that they have to provide the name of the individual person/employee who verified the information.

23 hours ago, BV80 said:

1681i(a)(6)(B)(iii):

(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

It says they have to provide the business name of the furnisher.   The statute does not say that they have to provide the name of the individual person/employee who verified the information.

Yes  that is correct, but I do believe the FCRA (and courts) define a company as a person (or vise versa), so that is why I have used that language.   You could say business or company just the same.

• Like 1